[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blender Ambient Occlusion Baking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: this.png (152 KB, 974x732) Image search: [Google]
this.png
152 KB, 974x732
Is there a way to get rid of these weird stripes on the AO map?
>>
more polygons
>>
Nothing on this model requires you to bake AO. the only part that would have AO is the base, which you can accomplish with a gradient.
>>
>>524053
Never had this problem, but maybe it has something to do with your normals.
>>
Are you using face or vertex normals to compute it?
>>
>>524053
I am not a 3d artist and never use blender. Is there a feature in Blender that you can bake texture to a lowpoly model based on a highpoly model?
>>
>>524053
Bake from a highpoly, like >>524883 suggested. In Blender it's called "Selected to active".
>>
OP, i feel your pain. I had this problem for AGES, especially with low poly models such as yours.

The problem is there simply isn't enough polys on the model for the baker to know what the hell it's looking at. You can fix it by tesselating your lo-poly model significantly. Bake that, then slap the baked texture back to your original un-tesselated model.
>>
Literally add a fucking subsurf modifier, and don't check "warp UVs" or whatever its called.
You don't have to apply it either.
>>
Ctrl+A -> Scale
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.