[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been trying to look for a straight answer for a while,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 144bgBa.gif (2 MB, 399x240) Image search: [Google]
144bgBa.gif
2 MB, 399x240
I've been trying to look for a straight answer for a while, but I understand.
If I pirate Maya as opposed to getting the education version, am I bypassing any difference? Any restrictions or weird things on the edu version instead of the full? I've heard that you're constantly connected to autodesk's servers with the edu?

Sorry, I know these are noob as fuck questions but I've been really thinking of pirating cause I'm going to be moving to a place for the summer/fall with limited internet and it would be nice to just dive in with no big worries or roadblocks down the road. Any help/suggestions?
>>
if you straight up sell anything online and get noticed you will be prosecuted. but it won't happen that quickly, you need to generate stable economy and have a company under your name for that to happen, and when it does you are fucked
>>
>>523690
I getcha. I have no intention to sell anything though. Just want to get better at the program
>>
>>523675
faggets still blark about student maya versions instead using blender or other better software.
>>
The educational version of Autodesk software is missing nothing.
It is very much the full-fledged version of the software, with the stipulation that you can't sell anything you produce. Some applications apply watermarks to exported work (as in a popup saying, "THIS WAS MADE IN MAYA 2016 UNDER THE EDUCATIONAL LICENSE")
>>
>>523718
I plan on using Blender and a few others alongside Maya, I was just wanting to know the differences with maya like I stated before.
>>
>>523721
Thanks! I think that's my best option for now. I'm already going to be juggling Blender, Zbrush, and 3D Max. Good to know there's no big restrictions, other than the watermarks.
>>
File: feud-screenshot_24_zpscf4e31b5.jpg (99 KB, 709x540) Image search: [Google]
feud-screenshot_24_zpscf4e31b5.jpg
99 KB, 709x540
>>523718
>Blender
>Better
>>
File: IMG_20160521_014705.jpg (272 KB, 702x936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_014705.jpg
272 KB, 702x936
>>523721
Maya doesn't do this.
>>
>>523730
I use the edu version, there are no watermarks that I've ever seen.
>>
>>523750
pls go back to 2008
>>
>>523766
There are if you open the file in a full version, it will blurt out some shit about it being made with the edu version.
Of course if you export with FBX or obj, it doesn't do that.
>>
>>523836
you can open up the maya file in notepad and edit out the educational line then it won't give the popup
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.