[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is my third day with the software and I am trying very hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: received_962525453863363.jpg (71 KB, 943x1636) Image search: [Google]
received_962525453863363.jpg
71 KB, 943x1636
This is my third day with the software and I am trying very hard to make my own game characters for a upcoming noir game I am developing. What do you think of my current progress?
>>
>>523341
nightmare fuel
>>
thats pretty bad.

Have you even seen a human face before?
>>
>>523341
you can forget making your own game characters for a while until you learn how to make people that arent frightening. Also use Zbrush not sculptris
>>
>>523341
Please give up on all your 3d modeling and sculpting ideas.
If this is how bad you game's gonna look, give up on that, too.
>>
>>523341

Really study the human skull. Make a skull before you make a human head.
>>
>>523341

What the folks here at /3/ is trying to tell you OP is that gettin' gud at doing 3d isn't something that's going to happen overnight. 3d is a complex process with many layered processes that can take quite a while to learn, and then you're still going to need some time to hone your artistic skills.

The same applies for making games.

That's not to say that it's not within your reach to make your own game, but you're still a long way from being able to just pick this stuff up and go with it.

Take it one step at a time. Learn how your 3d programs work and get good at character modelling until you're feeling satisfied that you've aqcuired a decent level of skill. Then move on to the next step.

Here are some links to a tutorial series on character modelling in blender. Start there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ2ob8F3sJQ

Once you've made some characters be sure to come back and show us your work, we'd love to give you some feedback.
>>
Your game will never be completed. Do not learn because you want to make a game. Learn because you want to learn a skill and someday be good enough to make a game.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.