[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What software did Yoji use to make and render this? Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: ludence.jpg (329 KB, 1024x1440) Image search: [Google]
ludence.jpg
329 KB, 1024x1440
What software did Yoji use to make and render this?

Is there hope for anyone else to achieve his level
>>
its okay-ish if it's an ingame render
it's horrible if it's an offline render
>>
File: 1408832128286.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1408832128286.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>>523203
>ingame
>offline
>>
>>523204
learn CGI terminology cuckface
>>
the glow arourd the character is not good, it looks like a bad use of highpass filter in photoshop.

except that, I love it

>Is there hope for anyone else to achieve his level
Yes, a lot of work
>>
>>523205
>spewing further buzzwords 30 seconds after i post
>>
>>523207
learn english cuckface
>>
>>523209
>still spewing
>>
>>523210
kys
>>
>>523211
>herp derp
>>
Looks like a lot of post-processing.

Can be done in marmoset and edited up to look like this. It can be done in a lot. PP is nice but fuck does it sucks trying to find someone techniques.
>>
>>523214
> hurr durr more buzzwords
aren't you tired ?
>>
Basic dome light setup with some spotlights to bring out the specular reflections.. any software will do
>>
>>523234
There were like 3. He just said most of the image was thanks to fixing up in a 2d editor vs making a model that renders to that naturally
>>
>>523201
this must be a creature from an other universe.
An universe that has no shadows
>>
>>523296
>I have never been outside in cloudy weather with diffused light
>>
File: palnetEarth.jpg (205 KB, 1066x1600) Image search: [Google]
palnetEarth.jpg
205 KB, 1066x1600
>>523296
As greentext anon points out, overcast days will let you travel to this other universe of yours.
It's suprising you've lived on this planet to be old enough to type without noticing this anon.

Here is an image displaying this rare phenomena that only occurs every other day or so on most populated places on the face of the earth.
>>
>>523296
Whenever I hear stuff like this I can't help to wonder what the world looks like trough other peoples eyes. Like if you where lord of the matrix or a god or some shit, how much of reality could one change before these people would start taking notice.
>>
>>523296
wow you feel stupid
>>
>>523201
>Unreal Engine
>Cry Engine
>Unity Engine (the new beta can do it to now)
>>
>>523350
>>523385
>>523387
>>523397
>>523412
Sorry guys, but all I see in OP picture is mere selfshadowing of the material shaders but no projected/raytraced shadow of any kind. That's why it looks odd to me. Even an overcast sky environment produces shadows which you can see in >>523385 pretty well. Those are very smooth but they're there whereas in OP's there's no such shadows at all.
You gentlemen must be visitors from /v/ apparently.
>>
Did he reuse assets from MGSV? this is AAA gaming folks
>>
>>523437
No? Kojima and Yoji lost all rights to use MGSV assets.
>>
>>523435
there's no physical background in this image so there no shadow in that. We all see plenty of shadow on the images subject so I don't know what kind of world you live in. I'm also pretty sure this isn't ray traced
>>
>>523439
Mate, you fucking retarded or trolling?

As for render, seems like a crappy downscaled in engine render, the lack of aliasing created by high res supersampling or just any good post downscaling makes it seem much cleaner than a normal real time render
>>
>>523452
>As for render, seems like a crappy downscaled in engine render,
every renderer is an "engine". A rendering "engine".
>>
>>523465
don't bother with slocik. he's a sad loser whos buttmad about everything and constantly shitposts
>>
>>523201
It is possible to render this in any renderer, and possible to create it in any 3d program, from Blender to Maya to Zbrush. More than likely, he used a game-engine developed by Kojima productions for use in their future products and it is not available to the general public. Go to /3/ and take notes, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>523452
Real time renderers have super-sampling you schmuck
>>
>>523585
Yeah, and how many games you saw supersampling in rather than standard post processing anti aliasing solutions? Five maybe?
The effect is insanely expensive, as it should be considering it renders four or more time more pixels than you see on screen and then processes them.
>>523465
speak about autism
i bet you thought i meant a car engine, right?
>>
>>523614
> doesn't know about MSAA
learn CGI 101 kid
>>
>>523617
the fact it has supersample as part of its name dosnt mean its actually supersampling, just how Seahorse isnt the same as a normal horse
stop playing a retard
>>
>>523619
It's calculating the sharp edges based on luminance or color edges coverage and applies supersampling to those areas retard. Which basically costs as much edge there is on the screenspace which is about 10% as opposed to 100% default SSAA. I would explain further on how it takes advantage of the pixel shader to read the edges through the frame buffer but I doubt you even know the relevant terminology to understand what I'm talking about.
Honestly, learn CGI 101 before attempting to make CGI related posts so you don't embarrass yourself any further.
>>
>>523622
what you're describing clearly isnt 101 material my dude
>>
>>523201
There is no way this is fully pre-rendered. Maybe an realtime frame with a bit of post for the hype train. The hand sleeve material has no shadow being cast over it by the armor plate thing placed on it. Also the hand sleeve look like a normal map and not actual high poly mesh.
>>
>>523622
>supersampling to those areas retard.

While I often find myself in disagreement with the slocik I don't agree you get to call him a retard over this anon.
Doing so is like legit autistic tier retarded, not even the internet kind, but of the real deal kind.
This is not 101 material but stuff you only start delve into when you start programming shaders and post filters for yourself.
And there is a big difference in quality between a 'cut corner' MSAA approach for speed and highend classic supersampling.

And the sampling quality of OP's image is that of a offline renderer supersampler, not something we see in games today.
If that kind of image quality is from a new realtime engine I'll be mighty impressed.

Calling people retards this and that when not utterly warranted is the embarrassing part here anon.
>>
>>523630
anyone who dealt with vray or mentalray is familiar with what supersampling options there are...
>>
>>523630
Not the anon you are speaking to, but your notion that this might be a new realtime engine is valid, because this render clearly dosent have raytraced shadows. And what kind of idiot would not use raytraced shadows in a pre rendered frame?! I think its a frame from their new realtime engine, with a few post added as usual for the hype train...
>>
>>523633
Agree with this anon, no need for a programming degree to understand what MSAA,SSAA or FXAA are and how they work. Its no secret.
>>
>>523635
raytraced shadows are not neccessary. Hell, even pixar didnt use them until recently. Deep shadow mapping ring any bells?
>>
>>523638
the difference is that pixar is doing movies, is full of lazy hacks, and has tight sheduling that makes them aim for faster piplines even at the cost of visual quality
an beauty offline render isnt really limited that much
>>523635
same, its probably 4k or 8k render downscalled in post or supersampled from their new engine
>>
>>523642
>that makes them aim for faster piplines even at the cost of visual quality
Show me an evidence of that.
>>
>>523638
Dude, this is not a million frames, its just one. In 2016, if you are a 3d artist, who dosent use raytraced shadows for single frame renders, you might as well give up.
>>
File: Kojima Productions Helmet 2.png (584 KB, 2596x915) Image search: [Google]
Kojima Productions Helmet 2.png
584 KB, 2596x915
>>523201
It's certainly inpressive, great work on the cloth parts of the lower arm. But I doubt this model has any kind of rigging. It's most likely just for promo images.

Here's my model for a papercraft I designed half a year ago. I might make it again to match the new promo art of Ludence.
>>
File: india3_19.jpg (858 KB, 1500x802) Image search: [Google]
india3_19.jpg
858 KB, 1500x802
>>523201
>is there hope for anyone else to achieve this level
Not for you, faggot. Those who are capable of greatness don't ask little bitch questions like that. They just go do it.
>>
File: topkek.jpg (63 KB, 680x598) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
63 KB, 680x598
>>523203

>ingame
>offline
>trying this hard to be edgy
>being this retarded
>"its a shitty render" says the mspaint turd maker
>>
>>523203
>its okay-ish if it's an ingame render
>it's horrible if it's an offline render
>>523205

The terminology is "realtime" render and "pre-rendered"
>>
>>524547
>>524735
calm down kid
and learn CGI terminology :^)
>>
>>523735
imagine that helmet trying to rotate. that isn't going to work at all. the entire upper body looks more \or less stuck to one position
>>
>>524547
go back to /v/
>>
>>524777
I think its the head inside the helmet that rotates. Like an astronaut space suit
>>
>>524777
space helmets don't rotate you pillock
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.