[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So right now I'm working on breaking apart the bones for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: what do.png (34 KB, 770x538) Image search: [Google]
what do.png
34 KB, 770x538
So right now I'm working on breaking apart the bones for a character I'm CATRigging. The one thing giving me pause is these lil ribbons here. The design calls for the tools on the end to be weighted so they jingle around on the ropes during animation, and I can imagine key framing that would be insane.

So... I'm about to make the right thigh bone and wondering how I handle these. Should I include them in the right thigh bone, or make them their own limb? Make each quad in the rope its own bone? I ask because currently they are completely unaccounted for in my CATRig, which is just a basic spine and pelvis routine.

Since this is for use in a game, it might be worth mentioning the game is being made in Unity.

Any and all help would be appreciated forever.
>>
File: Lake and the Arm Breaker.webm (3 MB, 578x510) Image search: [Google]
Lake and the Arm Breaker.webm
3 MB, 578x510
A turn around so it's easier to understand what you're looking at.
>>
>>522804
This'll be no help to you, but having come from stop motion animation and being part of the "do it the hard way" school of thinking I feel you should take complete creative control over your danglies and keyframe them. Maybe someone will come up with a clever answer after I post.
>>
>>522804
>>522805

I'm a noob but isn't this the sort of thing that's handled by drivers or whatever?

Like isn't jangling tools the lesbian cousin of boob physics? Sorry if I'm a retard
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (46 KB, 1138x581) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
46 KB, 1138x581
>>522804
Nice model, reminds me of Oni.

I don't think you need that many quads on those ribbons. I would make it like this:
>>
>>522804
Just make sure they are seperate objects and then use cloth on them. Defijne the hard parts as hard and the soft parts as soft and it will jangle automatically.

If you dont like the cloth performance hit either program or buy somewhere some chain alternative.
>>
>>522804
Create the bones, but don't animate them. If necessary, make a new root bone and parent those ribbons to it.

When you import into unity, create some spring/hinge joints and attach them to the different bones in the ribbons. Parent those joints to a hip bone or something and you're off to the races.

You probably want to have the bones for the ribbons all at the same level, so individual bones for each section. Otherwise, you can just flatten out the bone tree in Unity later.
>>
>>522805
i dig your textures bro.
>>
>>522805
Really nice style man.
>>
>>522805
I really like this. It reminds me of MegaMan Legends.
>>
>>522805
Scrolling this is giving me some pretty trippy p-frame artifacts.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.