[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to do this and with what ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: please help.gif (544 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
please help.gif
544 KB, 480x480
how to do this and with what ?
>>
>>522760
Scrolling texture + post effects. Use any 3D content application and use their built in post effect filters if present.
Alternatively use a program such as combustion, after effects or similar, or a combination of the two.
>>
>>522761
>needing a 3D package to make a scrolling 2D plane
>>
>>522768
the plane isnt scrolling. The camera is moving, thats why the sun shakes.
>>
>>522769
No
There is no camera, there is no sun, there is no plane. This is all animation tricks.
in AF I'd make an animation clip of the scrolling grid, and then distort it. Then some stock image of sunset clouds and a masked picture of the sun at sunset in front of it. Make the sun layer jiggle around. Lastly color correct the sky, sun and ocean to all match.
>>
>>522768
But you probably wanna add other stuff to the scene to right? Seeing that I immediately thought of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDBbaGCCIhk
>>
>>522795
Think they use a big rotating cylinder, or a cylinder segment with a scrolling texture for the similar to op like effect in the end, which gives it a bit nicer effect with the curvature towards the horizon.
>>
>>522778
>There is no camera, there is no sun, there is no plane. This is all animation tricks.

You can't tell just by looking at the image, it could be either method mentioned in this thread. And for someone knowing a 3D package what you propose would be the trickier way of doing it since it would require research.
>>
>>522760
The sun is real, is from a movie clip.
The sliding lines are actual hand draw animation.
No computers were used to create that, since a cg version would be superior.
>>
File: 1422574102631.png (200 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
1422574102631.png
200 KB, 600x451
>>522761
>>522768
>>522778
correct answers, and I would also agree that a 3D soft is not even needed, AE would be more than enough to achieve that

>>522769
>>522796
autistic as fuck

>>522800
wut? the sun/reflection can be footage yes, but a hand-drawn perfect grid looping at constant velocity? I doubt it..
>>
>>522769
Are you completely retarded? A moving camera doesn't shake without you making it shake.
If the cameras was shaking, the ground would also be shaking along with the sun.
You don't need a camera to create a 2D perspective plane, a 2D sun, and make them move.

How can one post be so stupid and uninformed?
>>
File: 1338601917420.jpg (33 KB, 397x261) Image search: [Google]
1338601917420.jpg
33 KB, 397x261
>>522893
completely justified butthurt

>>522769 didnt think this through at all
>>
>>522797
I can literally tell just by looking at the image.
>>
>>522823
>but a hand-drawn perfect grid looping at constant velocity?
ah well you had to make shit like this before computers could take care of it for you.
>>
>>522974
I could render that in 3ds to look just like that, I could make it in after effects to look just like that. Hell, I could animate it in photoshop to look just like that. A year later I myself would not know which was which if presented with them.

So no you can not do that, only way you'll know how it's made is if you are privy to information about when this was made and by whom etc.
>>
>>522979
Also, key thing to realize is that people who are into retrowave might very well introduce glitches to camera paths and such to make a render appear like an authentic 1980's videocomp.
>>
>>522956
Well, just attach the ground plane with the scrolling texture to the camera then. Who looks like a stupid babby behind a comp naow huh?
>>
>>522985
>INB4 Autistic.
>INB4 keel urself 4 thinking outside the box huur duur.
>>
>>522977
of course, I was just wondering what woud be the point here since it looks very clean/CGI. do we have sauce for this? might help clarify some things

>>522979
>>522984
exactly
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.