[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much time is required to learn this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Autodesk-Maya-logo.png (521 KB, 819x819) Image search: [Google]
Autodesk-Maya-logo.png
521 KB, 819x819
How much time is required to learn this shit?
>>
3 years for me.

You'll never be a good modeler if you only have one program in your work flow too.
>>
>>522385
What else do you recommend then?
>>
>>522384
To do what?
>>
>>522389
I dunno. I'm learning 3Ds Max right now and I thought it wouldn't hurt to learn an extra program.
>>
>>522384
Just depends on your true motivation. It will take you a lot of time if you lose some on 4chan
>>
>>522384

Learn what exactly, the interface? A week.
The real learning is from projects.
>>
there isn't any real reason to learn to do everything possible in programs like maya. learn the basics then learn whatever tools and techniques you typically use in your work.

i'd personally recommend first learning how to create objects, how to group objects, how to use the outliner, how to use the hypergraph, how to hide and show groups, how to change the display of groups, how to use layers, how to transform objects and groups, the difference between local and group transformations, how to manually transform things, and so on. it'll be so much easier if you understand how the various elements of the interface work before trying to seriously model or animate anything and it will make so much more sense when you do
>>
>>522384
depends, what do you want to do?
>>
>>522415
Modeling and animation.
>>
>>522384
a few days for basic shit and about extra month for all the rest.
Depending on how often you use the program and how often you finish them and what workflows you use.

Quite possibly the best and most intuitive program to use with the flick navigation
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.