[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how much will it cost to hire a freelancer over tumblr or the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1462133452898.jpg (251 KB, 1280x1841) Image search: [Google]
1462133452898.jpg
251 KB, 1280x1841
how much will it cost to hire a freelancer over tumblr or the internet and make him make a 3D model and then have another guy make the animations, so I can composite them with my basic 3D skills on after effects.

How much will it cost then to make a cheap budget anime episode?

and how much money can I make of this?
>>
>>522140
Do you need something specific?

Why not just use Daz Studio and download free assets to use to make your cheap assed animu waifu. There's a tonne of weeb stuff for Daz Studio that's free and with puppeteer and aniblocks it's pretty easy to animate in.
>>
>>522140
It costs as much as you're willing to ask for.
As you can see in the entertainment industry, the sky's the limit in regards to price and quality.
>>
>>522140
what duration? even something like three minutes of animation will cost you several thousands.
>>
>>522140
>how much money can I make of this?
Now THAT´s the question, anon.
You want to make a PITCHER - a short animation aimed at industry television contacts, that will or will not pay for your cartoon.
A 25 minute episode of CN Adventure Time costs around USD500.000, made by various studios around the world.
Those are the prices for an Anime episode:

Original work - 50,000 yen ($660)

Script - 200,000 yen ($2,640)

Episode Direction - 500,000 yen ($6,600)

Production - 2 million yen ($26,402)

Key Animation Supervision - 250,000 yen ($3,300)

Key Animation - 1.5 million yen ($19,801)

In-betweening - 1.1 million yen ($14,521)

Finishing - 1.2 million yen ($15,841)

Art (backgrounds) - 1.2 million yen ($15,841)

Photography - 700,000 yen ($9,240)

Sound - 1.2 million yen ($15,841)

Materials - 400,000 yen ($5,280)

Editing - 200,000 yen ($2,640)

Printing - 500,000 yen ($6,600)
>>
>>522185
That's why I started hating animations. The more I got into it, I understood it's a many people job and making it ruins the whole artistic process. Unlike for example making a painting, a sculpture or a 3d model, which are most of the time a linear process, making music, or clips or animation are most of the time loops, which in the end kill your sense of appreciation for your own project, this is the case with me at least. Looking ten times at the animation I did after I rendered it in order to find mistakes kills my fucking motivation.
>>
>>522185
Interesting.
Where do you got these numbers?

>>522204
I feel your pain. The only advice i can give is don't give up, learn, grow as an artist and you'll get there.
Or mold your visions so that they'll match your output abillities.
>>
>>522205
I'd rather not work on animations artistically. I've done one animation, you know with different scenes, with rendering, with postprocessing, compositing, the whole deal and I just don't feel it. I don't feel the same way I feel after I've made a model, or some engineering project(I do metalworking). Maybe it's just me with animation, I don't know, I love animations, but I don't have the same sense of accomplishment that I get from let's say programming, I don't know why. I guess, since programming is a similar thing, it's a "loopy" progress, its just me, maybe some animators would share their view on the subject.
>>
>>522140
How can we know? Ask the people you're planning to contract.

If you're looking for benchmarks, then think of a freelancer's time as at least $50 USD an hour. A complex, sculpted model with a multitude of detail can run you thousands. A simple little low poly Hocu might cost two hundred bucks.

The animations are the same. Do you want lots of fluid animation with secondary effects? Do you want dozens of unique animations? Thousands. Do you want a idle animation? Two hundred.

You can save yourself money by borrowing base meshes, adding the modifications you need, then finding basic animations and rigging your model to accommodate. Stuff like Make Human will generate somewhat realistic human meshes for free. If you want anime, look into MMD and playing with models that people has released.
>>
>>522185
>>522204
>>522205
Bump from a 4chan-certified autist
for interesting posts.

>>522217
I have heard that MakeHuman is based on technology stolen from aliens. You don’t have to answer.
>>
File: make human.jpg (108 KB, 684x2320) Image search: [Google]
make human.jpg
108 KB, 684x2320
>>523139

MakeHuman is made from the most advanced anatomical medical scans ever.

MOST ADVANCED!
>>
>>522140
Look into MMD. I think it's the cheapest bet. There are plenty of MMD modelers out there that make models for an affordable price. Then look for an MMD animator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiOYXSMYYJA
Video related is the first MMD based anime to air on TV.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.