[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vbae
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Logo-Vray-O.png (12 KB, 257x257) Image search: [Google]
Logo-Vray-O.png
12 KB, 257x257
I have gone through all the tutorials in 3dsmax and played around a bit, as well as practising some importing from sketchup stuff.

I am looking for tutorials on using vray with 3ds max or honestly just some general tips.

Rendering is pretty new to me, most of my experience is modelling on sketchup so I have been a bit overwhelmed with all the rendering options for Vray, but I want to get better at it. I know it will come with time but I would love some advice on just some general 'good' settings, maybe that I can even save as a template and then work form there and adjust.

One of my biggest gripes is that I'll go watch a vray tutorial on youtube and then out of no where half of them import images from places that they dont give links to or not even cover what their current render settings are, and when i follow their instructions my shit always looks vastly different.
>>
Buy (yeah right) Grant Warwick's vray course. If you're interested in how vray really works there is no way around it. None of the other tutorials out there come close.

Most of it deals with 3.0-3.2 and a lot of the advice concerning optimization no longer applies to 3.3, but the logic and reasoning behind it is still good to know.
>>
>>521954
Care you bring elaborate on why the optimization isn't as needed in 3.3? Was 3.3 a very large update?

Asking cos in using 3.2 at the moment but I might upgrade if it's worth it for starting out
>>
>>521958
Optimization is still needed (only if you care about render times, of course), but the process has been greatly simplified.

3.3 introduced an updated adaptive image sampler that only requires you to adjust the AA subdivs and the color threshold to optimize your scene. No more fiddling with the scene subdivisions and other settings.
>>
>>522004
i cnat find torrent for 3.3 so im stuck with 3.2 for now i guess

thankfully its been some time since that other anon gave me advice and i am getting pretty used to dealing with the settings to get the effects i am looking for,,, for now anyway
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.