[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody know what the best software is for making 3d models that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Anybody know what the best software is for making 3d models that can then be turned into inflatable toys or stuffed animals? Figured I could make some money at conventions selling stuffed Spider-Mans or some shit, of a better quality than pic related.
>>
>>521861
you'll get reported very quick and you'll lose all you put into it and thousands more
>>
>>521862
People sell fanwank bullshit at cons all the time. Artists sell drawings of copyrighted characters, for instance. They don't really give a shit.
>>
Make a few for yourself, show them off on a website, and make more on commission. That's much safer. Cons are risky and a gray area. Some companies care, others don't. Some care about certain things and not others.

Yeah, people do it all the time, but con booths get shut down more often and get in more trouble than bloggers making commission work.
>>
>>521863
Marvel gives a shit. Toy sales are their bread and butter. Some drawings or cosplay is not. You're going to get burned, I've seen it happen again and again. Better get a lawyer ready (you wont win)
>>
>>521867
Okay, what about doing this: >>521866
>>
>>521868
All I have to do is report you to marvel once your website is up and then you'll have your answer (cease and desist at your door)
>>
>>521861
You may want to try /po/, you're probably looking for 2D "net" designs you can then stuff and sew

>>521870
And then you just cease and desist and then make other characters
Most japanese companies wouldn't give a shit so you can rake in that weeaboo dollars
>>
>>521861

Most cons will boot your ass out if they get a complaint that you're selling bootleg merchandise. Small shitty cons might not but try it at the bigger cons and you'll end up forfeiting your table space (which will then be instantly sold to one of the 1000s of people waiting on a cancellation list).

If you're making stuffed toys then go with Marvelous Designer since the models are actually made by creating real sewing designs.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.