[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ey up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: BathroomFinal1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BathroomFinal1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I remodeled my bathroom in maya / MR, and want to continue improving my interior modeling realism.. any glaring errors, or things you lot would suggest to look into? Be as mean as you want, but don't take that as an excuse to be excessively dickish, I know what you're like.

I would use vray but I can't afford it nor find a source for use with Maya 2015
>>
too much chromatic aberration (why would this shot even have CA?)
camera position and FoV makes it feel like a security camera. Generally interior shots are more believable the closer the shot is to a human eye.
Too much bloom on the light to the left.
The carpet looks too "new". Try add some wear around the edges, like flattened parts.
reflections and basically everything feels too clean. add a mask to smudge some of the reflections.
Add some water in/on the sink / bath / tiles around the bath.
the edge of the window has some weird linear dodge effect.
>>
>>521533
What a depressing bathroom
>>
>>521533
>reflections and basically everything feels too clean.
Not everyone is a disgusting basement dweller like you.
>>
>>521592
>thinks people scrub every inch of their bathroom to a flawless sheen
>doesn't know what condensation is
>>
>>521608
>Doesn't know what shitposting is
Go back to whatever forum you came from.
>>
I would give a greater bevel to the hardest edges of your sink (inner+outer contour of the top plane, basically), and also bevel your toilet seat more. Regardless of how hard-edged your reference might be, it does not look like porcelain, or even plastic.

And maybe give the toilet seat some visible hinges? That'd help make it feel more part of the toilet's structure, and less like a 3d shape that could have been dropped in.

The rest of the stuff looks pretty nice, there's a few flaws that >>521534 pointed out, but otherwise it doesn't look like crap at a glance.
>>
>>521608
Implying people dont
>>
The streching/compression on the bathtub tiles texture bothers me the most.

Aside from a few nitpicks other have pointed out I like it.
>>
Cheers for the input guys. I should have stated I was aiming for a catalogue / new kind of look, as opposed to a lived-in one.

The other points are all valid and will take them into consideration.

'reflections and basically everything feels too clean. add a mask to smudge some of the reflections.' - I'm still new to a lot of Maya, what do I need to look at to do this? Can I use a reflection map or something, and create it as I would a spec map?
>>
>>521533
Noice bathroom
looks too perfect tho
>>
File: 1462287513180.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462287513180.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Made a few nitpicky comments in the picture, but besides your geometry, the room looks too dark and flat for having 3 lights and plenty of white surface to bounce that light around. Is this raytraced lighting? I guess the reflections would become blurry the farther the subject if raytraced, but this lighting doesnt look right
>>
File: toilets.png (538 KB, 1020x601) Image search: [Google]
toilets.png
538 KB, 1020x601
>>521678
The toilet has a button on the top, that's the common style in some countries. As for the lid, I don't know what OPs toilet is like but I've seen a few 'modern' toilet seats where the lid looks very thick like that but it's hollow and the seat fits inside, like in pic related.
>>
>>521678
>Is this raytraced lighting?
Probably not because it looks more like UE4 or something.
>>
>>521678
>Tile layer used different sized tile, only to end up cutting this tiny sliver just for the corner?

you'd be surprised at what some idiot "designers" want.
>>
>>521683
it looks....uncanny
>>
>>521678
Nice one. The toilet is exactly (other than perhaps issues with the material) how my current toilet is, maybe it's a UK thing.

Your comments on the tiles are all correct, not sure how I missed that size difference..

Those bump-map tiles are actually displacement maps, I'm still very early on in displacement map learning, but yeah they look like shite.

Lighting is raytraced, I think, and truth be told I know fuck all about it.

Good comments on the reflections though, appreciated.
>>
>>521687
>Lighting is raytraced, I think, and truth be told I know fuck all about it.
What renderer did you use?
>>
>>521695
Mental ray
>>
What's the butt plug looking thing next to the shitter?
>>
shouldn't there be more color from the world outside coming in? it looks like there isn't day light coming through the window at all. inwould expect to see the color of that light change the way the room looks
>>
>>522020
For pleasure, duh.

You're telling me YOU don't use these things as makeshift dildos?
>>
>>521668
if you want realistic interior renderings check out ikea
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.