[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop my model from spazzing out like this whenever I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: halpme.png (179 KB, 1012x463) Image search: [Google]
halpme.png
179 KB, 1012x463
How do I stop my model from spazzing out like this whenever I add a shell to it?

I've used boolean to cut text out of the object and it's all fine, but whenever I add a shell to the model it goofs up.

HALP
>>
>>521153
OP Here, I know it's extruding some of the faces that make up the interior of the lettering, but is there a way to deselect the angles or unextrude them whenever they do extrude outwards?
>>
>>521153
I'll pay someone $20 in bitcoins to help fix my shit fuck!!
>>
Could one of you stop fapping to your anime titty models for just a second and help a nigga out? I'd appreciate it.
>>
File: edges.jpg (232 KB, 1094x720) Image search: [Google]
edges.jpg
232 KB, 1094x720
You need to cut some additional edges into your plane before applying the shell modifier. Try to connect the two parts of the i and then add a few connecting the letters to the outside edge.
>>
An easy way to try and accomplish this for what you're looking for is to apply a ProOptimizer, have it calculate but do not reduce anything. Then just collapse and viola, 2 minutes of work reduced to 10 seconds.
>>
>>521200

Meant to follow >>521184
>>
>>521184
>>521200
>>521184
>>521200
Thanks a ton, this worked like a fricken charm. I was on Google for close to an hour trying to figure something out that seemed so simple.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.