[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im, working on this Lowpoly schoolgirl what do you guys think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 4chan.jpg (415 KB, 1171x912) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
415 KB, 1171x912
Im, working on this Lowpoly schoolgirl what do you guys think?
>>
use alpha sheets for hair
fix the face
use flat shading
>>
>>520906
It looks like shit, anon.
>>
>>520906
face and hair looks bad, the rest looks mediocre but not bad
>>
Decent model, shit textures.
>>
File: Capture.png (383 KB, 856x487) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
383 KB, 856x487
So the face, specifically, has proportion issues.
So a real human face is built in 3 roughly equal regions. Top of forehead to brow, brow to bottom of nose, bottom of nose to chin. Anime and other cutesy cartoon faces have smaller mouth regions and larger forehead regions proportionally.

Look for a good anime face you like and use it as an image plane to line up features.
>>
>>521006
>you must look cookie cutter like me or else
>>
>>521009
is fucking up conversations between desperate OPs and the only person willing to actually help them a shtick of yours or are you mad that you're too self conscious to model?
>>
>>521006
But that anime face on the left looks like shit.
>>
>>522078
coz its not a potato and it doesn't have hair
>>
>>520906

wrong anatomy obviously. doesn't look like it's following anime guidelines, but I think it looks GOOD. Not amazing, but not too shit.

I'd recommend subdividing. Your topology for the body is fine, but the face is unanimatible for obvious reasons.

I'd put edge loops everywhere else except the feet
>>
>>520906

Use this as your base. UV it, then take it into Zbrush and bake some high res details onto it.

Or do it the proper way; use this as the base, go to Zbrush and sculpt, retopo it, UV it, and etc
>>
Those kenes, shoulders, and elbows may give you problems when you try to animate.

Overall looks pretty good though.

I'm not really a fan of that underarm/feet topo, but eh it's all opinion.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.