[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rubiks cube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Rubiks Cube5c.jpg (2 MB, 3340x2660) Image search: [Google]
Rubiks Cube5c.jpg
2 MB, 3340x2660
Alright. So I'm relatively new to the whole 3D modeling thing, and I thought maybe I could receive some criticism on this render.

Program - 3DS Max
>>
there is some noise on the cubes in the back
aside from that i guess its a good start
>>
>>520759
That was supposed to be a DOF kind of thing. I guess it does just look like noise.
Thanks
>>
>>520758
Looks good. I'd tone down the reflection on the table, and the bump on it too. And the noise in the reflection, which can be solved by turning up the quality of your reflections
>>
>>520760
DOF is shit, 99.95% of the time it looks awful.

Other camera defect emulation is okay, although take it easy on chromatic aberration (not that it's present here), it's the modern day lens flare.
>>
File: Hall3.jpg (3 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
Hall3.jpg
3 MB, 2880x1800
>>520798
Not OP, but why is it that DOF always looks grainy?
>>
>>520800
is that Trump ?
>>
>>520800

All it will take is one massive terrorist attack just before the election and that would become a reality. Not even Sanders would be able to beat him then.
>>
File: fuck physics.jpg (58 KB, 622x513) Image search: [Google]
fuck physics.jpg
58 KB, 622x513
this is impossible
>>
>>520807
Yeah, it's Trump. I made this for /pol/ but nobody is really acknowledging it.

>>520809
Nah, Trump destroyed the primaries last night. He grabbed EVERY county of every state, and got all but 6 delegates. He's going to be Republican nominee, but it will be between him and Hillary
>>
>>520758
1: Get rid of the bump map completely. Its a newfag trap that sticks out as "this is a 3D render". Lower reflection value and add a specular map taken from the wood texture
2: Set a fresnal reflection on the cubes, you're viewing the tops at a low angle so It could bring out some life
3: Do not use DOF in raw renders. Export a z-depth render element and now youll have complete control in photoshop/post software
4: Reduce reflection value slightly on the base
5:If you want, setup HDRI lighting and use it as an ambient light and for reflections
>>
File: simpleZ.jpg (25 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
simpleZ.jpg
25 KB, 575x431
>>520843
>>520841
Pic related is what you should be working with. Never do post work like DOF, motion blur, camera effects in your raw renders
As for your shadow thing, Im not sure whats going on but adding AO could be a temp fix
>>
idiot
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.