[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planing on making plastic crap to see in my city, like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1461380460666.jpg (137 KB, 1018x728) Image search: [Google]
1461380460666.jpg
137 KB, 1018x728
I'm planing on making plastic crap to see in my city, like some action figures of the NT soccer team and making some basic action figure of each national soccer club.

Any guy here who works in manufacturing can explain the process?

Let's say I make the model on zbrush, what then?

how do I take it to something I can produce in mass scale?
>>
>>520607
ask /diy/
>>
>>520608
they just told me to come here.
>>
>>520609
check /diy/ archives
>>
>>520609
we just make 3d things, but i think you can go to a 3d printing website and get mass numbers done.
>>
either buy your own printer or pay a service to make them

there are loads of free 3D printing tutorials online including how to setup a model before printing
>>
>>520607

well plastic waifu biz is a home run. Them freaks pay big money to add one more tiny animu figurine to their toy harem.

But you need to make a template cast for the plastic to be put in. And most figurines are made from different parts and just merged using different methods which leave artifact lines around where they connect.

Why don't you just 3d print them ? It's literally no hustle.
>>
>>520651
I was told 3D printers are not suitable for mass production of plastic crap for weebs.

can I make a mass production bussiness with 3D printers?
>>
>>520655
You can make the cast of it. Just print your model, then smooth the edges and stepping artifacts with some tools. And make it split into 2 pieces so you can take them apart and take the plastic out easily.
And after that you only need to put molten plastic into it and wait. I'm not saying do these yourself, but this is pretty much the process. If you find someone whos familiar with this, they can show you. Although coloring and painting it is another thing entirely coz if you want quality job I think you need to get them handpainted one by one.
>>
>>520655
if you 3d print something it'll take hours - days for a single model depending on quality. If you injection mold something it'll take minutes
>>
>>520657
A second hand mold machine cost easily more than 1k.
A fucking metal mold for a injection machine could cost easily 10-25k

It's not cheap.
>>
>>520656
how is this process called?

can I use silicon instead of plastic?
>>
>>520659
Dunno what its called but yes you can use silicon. Most mass toy producing companies know the drill really. I'd say don't bother trying to buy shit and do it yourself and just outsource it. Just contact some toy company, explain your concept and ask for their price.
>>
>>520660
nigger, I'm a thirld worlder.

It would be cheaper to simply make them than hire a toy company.

by mass production I mean at best 100 units.
>>
>>520661
why did you just waste our times retard. Thats not even micro production
>>
>>520661
Unless you're indian or thai with a ridiculous currency gap and your poor, working with a toy company is still your best bet. They already have everything set up and you will basically just be paying for the plastic or silicon price once the cast is done. Lots of companies in China are already distributing and working multi-national so you can get it cheaper there.
How big is this toy you wanna do ? And what are you gonna do with just 100 ? Mass production means like 10000 units.
>>
>>520662
why so angered.
I'm just starting and have lots of questions anon.

don't be a jerk.

>>520663
I dunno bro.
what are usually the prices?
what I want to build is average toy figures and plastic action figures.

I could save 2-3k in a year.
>>
>>520664
>why so angered.
you lied to us

>don't be a jerk.
dont lie?
>>
>>520664
> I could save 2-3k in a year.
Jesus christ...scratch everything I said. Mass production requires atleast some investment even if its 100 units. I didn't assume you would be that poor.
>>
>>520665
I didn't lied bro.

I just want to make plastic models of my city soccer teams players and sell them to soccer fans.

>>520666
I'm a thirld worlder from a taco country.
>>
>>520667
> I'm a thirld worlder from a taco country.
Yeah thats bad. You can't get it done in USA as well coz they outsource everything too. But I'm still not sure what you're gonna do with just 100. Are you gonna try to sell them by hand ?
>>
>>520668
It's a local production for my city.

I can't afford biggests runs because I don't know if I can even sell those first units.
>>
>>520669
you cant even sell unlicensed goods for a sports team anyways, even in mexico. If the policia even get a sniff that you're selling they'll shut you down. They do that even in the states
>>
>>520671
my goal is to take them to the offices of the team and see them if they can patron me or some shit.
>>
>>520672
you have to pay them my taco. GRANDE
>>
>>520673
I dunno, maybe I can get some interest of the fans.
>>
>>520674
Damn you reek of desperation. Working the fields really suck that much?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.