[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to draw this shape in Autodesk Inventor but the only measurement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: fuck.png (346 KB, 496x432) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
346 KB, 496x432
I need to draw this shape in Autodesk Inventor but the only measurement given is 20mm. How do I do this?
>>
Print it, caculate the dimension ratio and measure the rest ?

Sounds like a homework and you're not ready for that class if you ask questions like these.
>>
>>520162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9IxW5ydzs

Import image.
Scale image.
Make box.
Cut extrude whatever.
>>
does inventor have a /measure tool? Just create that shape then scale it /snap to the measurement shape.
>>
File: here_anone.jpg (65 KB, 964x745) Image search: [Google]
here_anone.jpg
65 KB, 964x745
>>520162
The radius cannot be derived from this pic.
Here's the closet looking I've come, you can play with the height of the middle-point of the arc, but I think I've got the distance from the center to the wall as well as the distance of the remaining walls right. Of course, you can always do it better if you load the image as a background and draw it with arcs and lines and then redo it mathematically, however I'm not sure how exact you want it to be.
Those are the inner sizes, btw.
>>
put the it face down on a scanner with a ruler. Scan it. Import image and use the ruler as reference.
>>
I feel like this is a tracing problem.

Why aren't any of you tracing.

Just trace it.
>>
>>520177
Wow thanks senpai. I actually figured it out already but hats off to you for being so helpful.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.