[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any quick hint to recreate this effect? i'm using c4d thanks!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image1.gif (202 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image1.gif
202 KB, 200x200
any quick hint to recreate this effect?
i'm using c4d

thanks!
>>
deformer, push letter through plane thats textured with stripes. animate it. render it
>>
>>520088
im having trouble with that. i have the surface deformer on my plane and align the letter somewhere within the plane but the result is just some weird shape.
would you mind sharing the steps a bit more specific?
thanks
>>
>>520090
Maybe try displacement.
>>
>>520094
hm i cant seem to figure it out..
>>
File: This is how to.png (758 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
This is how to.png
758 KB, 800x600
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4hnd6kpd924ujr/This%20is%20how%20to.zip?dl=0

Make displacement texture, put it to planar, make a displacement deformer and put the seperate displacement textur on the deformer, texture the cube with seperate texture.

If it's too jaggy edged for you crank up the subs on the cube.
>>
>>520104

Addition: you also have to keyframe the deformer.
>>
>>520106
thanks, perfect!! youre the best
>>
File: gibbeCinema4D.png (25 KB, 564x450) Image search: [Google]
gibbeCinema4D.png
25 KB, 564x450
>>520144

No Problem :3

Another small tip: If you blurr the edges of your texture in Photoshop you also get smoother edges.
>>
Dont want to open a new thread to ask another c4d related question so I am doing it here:
Is it possible to make realistic looking human skin material in c4d? If yes could you tell me how or link a good a tutorial? All I find with google gave me shit results.
>>
>>520259
You have to use an renderer like Vray, Arnold etc.
The implemented SSS is only good enough for materials and cartony characters.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.