[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone making cars? I am making it, I am very new to 3d modelling.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: car.png (15 KB, 524x327) Image search: [Google]
car.png
15 KB, 524x327
anyone making cars? I am making it, I am very new to 3d modelling.
>>
>>519892
Cars are probably the most difficult things to do in 3D
Anyway if you wanna do them you need a technical drawing of them first, afterwards place them on X Y Z faces and start inserting lines and faces
>>
File: 197172_1327130356368_1919225_n.jpg (16 KB, 720x412) Image search: [Google]
197172_1327130356368_1919225_n.jpg
16 KB, 720x412
This was the first car that I made, I am currently working on a Mini Cooper All4
>>
>>519897
That looks really good. I like the wheels.
>>
>>519899
>That looks really good.
stop
>>
File: Yolo.jpg (51 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yolo.jpg
51 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>520747
:^)
>>
>>520748
I love this guy <3
>>
>>520747
those wheels look tiny compared to the wheel base.
is it a cocaine transporter?
>>
>>519892

Go to a hobby store and buy a model car kid. Examine the shapes of the parts and the structure of the car and how they all fit together. Concentrate on modelling each part so you understand what a car is, what a quarter panel is, what a door is, what a dashboard is, what the frame is, etc.

Once you get an understanding of a car, really almost any car, it's then easier to model a car from just a few photo references.
>>
>>519892
Don't model from a box. Use a plane with the shell modifier and turbosmooth.
>>
>>520788

This is good advice for modelling lots of things. Having a tactile reference to study from, something you can engage in real time with your sense of touch and sight can really help you get an understanding of the object to be better able to realize it in 3D.
>>
>>521241
this is bad advice.

>something you can engage in real time with your sense of touch and sight
obviously you'll have a sense of sight.
>>
File: stevie wonder.jpg (202 KB, 1024x989) Image search: [Google]
stevie wonder.jpg
202 KB, 1024x989
>>521244

FUCK YOU!
>>
I parrot this to everyone, but if you are old enough to enroll in a community college, take an intro 3D modeling class.

It will only cost you a few hundred dollars IF THAT & if you are poor the government will pay for it.

+ if you are lucky, at least some of your classmates will give a shit and you can work things out together.

I say this because there are so many different techniques, and learning which ones to use will save you a ton of time.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.