[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any python scripters in here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-04-11_054906.png (206 KB, 615x479) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-11_054906.png
206 KB, 615x479
how complicated would it be to program a pose mixer like this for Blender?

basically you can save a pose of your model by making a dot on a field. every dot represents a pose and the closer you move your cursor to the dot, the more it morphs your model from one pose to the other, seamlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZRYJC9RV8

it's fucking priceless for quickly animating things
>>
So does it just take the average of the joint configurations weighted by the distances between the points and the cursor? Seems pretty straight forward but I've never done blender scripting so I don't know what kind of interfaces they provide.
>>
>>519163
not entirely sure about the mechanics behind this but yeah, with this you can pretty much INSTANTLY mix an unlimited amount of poses with each other or just click a dot to just simply choose a pose.

It is also fucking awesome to make some key face expressions and just move between the pose dots to achieve middle-stage expressions which you can again save quickly by clicking in an empty place of that map and create a dot for this new pose.

I think this thing would be a HUGE addition and it's kind of surprising that it isn't implemented yet and doesn't seem like anyone is working on something like this.
>>
>tfw no scripting skills
>>
this is impractical
>>
Just invest into mocap.
>>
>>519238
What the fuck? How is this impractical?
>>519239
>Hurr
>>
Can you even make a custom graphical interface for blender plugins?
>>
>>519300
>open source

what do you think
>>
>>519468
AFAIK blender's script system works by calling a script at once and using the output, not interactively.
ofc you can fork blender and do whatever you want but that's not the point.
>>
>>519495
>>519300
I've seen several times people making some kind of UI for their rigs that they had in a panel but not sure if that would work the same in this case
>>
File: science.gif (3 MB, 529x380) Image search: [Google]
science.gif
3 MB, 529x380
Just tested it.

Yep, we definitely need that in Blender.
>>
>>519644
>not showing her bare tits
a disgrace.
>>
this is trivial, just find the closest 4 points and interpolate between them
>>
>>519644
>female wood : achieved
>>
>>519161
>>519644
An obvious flaw I can see is that it does a linear interpolation between poses if you arrange them in a circular pattern--you'll get an n-gon pattern rather than a circular pattern if you follow the pose exactly.

What I feel it needs is for an animator to attach splines to the puppeteer interface to allow for smooth interpolation between poses.
>>
>>519300
Yes, but you need PieQT extension or something like that
>>
>>519725
wut
>>
>>519699
>it's trivial
Then make a plugin for it.
>>
>>519704
dunno, man.
when I tried it, the interpolation between the poses were buttery smooth
>>
>>519161
>how complicated would it be to program a pose mixer like this for Blender?
My gut feeling is that it would be fairly difficult. Basically everything about it screams "harder than it initially looks".
>>
I wish I fucking knew how to python
>>
Maybe commission a dude to script it
>>
>>519300
Moving an empty between several other empties would do the trick I guess.
>>
>>521838
Yeah, should do
>>
>>519161
I don't know how to do it, but I know blender offers the possibility to add custom interfaces to it, as shown in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Pc1nW095A
>>
>>523810
that's fucking awesome
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.