[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you uvwrap a model like a tree do you want to flatten the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: u87ti.png (426 KB, 1584x720) Image search: [Google]
u87ti.png
426 KB, 1584x720
When you uvwrap a model like a tree do you want to flatten the wrap so it's as rectangle as possible or is it okay like this?
>>
you want to use at least 90% of your texture space
>>
>>518928
Use the Blender Questions Thread, also use follow acitve quad and make rectangles to this kind of things
>>
Pelt flatten that shit.
>>
>>518928
>>518960
Do NOT unwrap this using active quads, texturing that will be a huge bitch.
Your islands could be arranged in a square space pretty well, I'd suggest making the texture twice the width or half the height and reserving one square for the leaves and one for the trunk.
>>
thanks op I threw up a little
>>
>>518928
First: Do yourself a favour and keep your leave and your bark textures as two seperate textures. Second: Yes, Rectangle if possible.
Third: You could also be lazy and try cube/cylinder projection for the treebark.
>>
>>518928
The way you have it you are gonna get a lot of squished textels. You need to use a checker map so you can see wtf you are doing
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.