[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can you guys give a list of zbrush sculpts goals from extreme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: 1436872977817.jpg (24 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
1436872977817.jpg
24 KB, 385x385
can you guys give a list of zbrush sculpts goals from extreme basic up until anime waifus?

I'm trying to make a waifu but I suck.
>>
File: 1439409587417.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439409587417.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
Do what I did. Start extremely low poly. It's important to correct topology where appropriate to maximize the potential your low poly sculpt. Refine the silhouette one subdivision level at a time, starting with big details to smaller ones as you work up. And of course, use a good concept to follow b/c if you're like me, your imagination is shit.

Also: >>518028
>>
For anime waifus, I think I'd personally not go for sculpting but for polygonal modelling with subsurfs.

With sculpting, it would be hard to prevent them from ending up uncannily realistic/detailed-looking -- at least from my experience with sculpting.

But then, I'm no expert on anime waifus.
>>
>I'm trying to make a waifu but I suck.

that's because sculpting isn't like assembling a toy
>>
>>518882
for things that resemble 2D in 3D environment you should have strong 2D and 3D skills because much of the detail is projected through painting
>>
>>518844
I don't think ZBrush is the right tool for this.

ZBrush's strength lies in sculpting and you are better off box modelling (or vertex if you prefer).

Blender is free, you would be better off using that.
>>
File: La puta banana.1.png (764 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
La puta banana.1.png
764 KB, 800x533
ok, so I decided to make something easy as practice.

Modeled a basic banana in zbrush, made also a normal map then.

Then texture painted on mudbox.

Then I took the normal map and the difuse on Keyshot and this is what I got.

I'm sure it looks nice and I'm amazed I was able to make something that looks like AAA (lol).

But I feel something is missing.

Do I need to make a custom material on substance designer?

What else is missing?
>>
>>518986
try using other brushes like flatten,trim etc.
for a banana you could polymodel it
>>
File: mouthcast.jpg (528 KB, 1546x1214) Image search: [Google]
mouthcast.jpg
528 KB, 1546x1214
Classical sculptors are trained on cast drawings and sight size method.

All you need to do to get good is put a solid year of training so that you can copy casts.

The atelier that I study at got me to start on a nose, then mouth, then ear, then eye.

You break up some complex anatomy into something simple so you can study it in detail and you focus just on that detail.

So instead of trying to sculpt a whole body and have it bad, you would just do a torso, then maybe a leg without the feet, then maybe feet, then maybe a hand.

OP you could maybe just study low poly, but even Japanese people are learning zbrush.
>>
File: 1441062567641.jpg (16 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1441062567641.jpg
16 KB, 350x197
>>519043
>All you need to do to get good is put a solid year of training so that you can copy casts.
>>
>>519043
>The atelier that I study at got me to start on a nose, then mouth, then ear, then eye.

This is indeed the way it's classically done, but it is a horrible practice. You can always tell when a sculptor was classically trained
in this manner when they make a likeness supposed to be someone and they have the same idealized arc's for eyes etc that no living person really have.

It teaches you a process for creating a eye-like, nose-like, mouth-like shape for commercial purposes, not how to replicate any shape as it really exists.
>>
>>519044

Most foundational courses are 1 year of 7 hours of classes a day. OP could do that he probably spends 7 hours a day masturbating to anime like most weebo do.

>>519045

> Great sculptors been trained in this method for hundred of years from Michangelo to Dumont. Somehow this method is bad.

Some classical sculpts are really idealize, but most of them aren't. Also, OP wants to do anime sculpts so he should learn some classical idealization.

OP, could slave away doing Japanese anime sculpt with bad anatomy. Or he could get good by learning from the greats than after the year do some Japanese weebo crap.
>>
File: 1447558142828.jpg (8 KB, 229x200) Image search: [Google]
1447558142828.jpg
8 KB, 229x200
>>519051
>classical idealization.
>>
File: AnimeGarbage.jpg (69 KB, 670x637) Image search: [Google]
AnimeGarbage.jpg
69 KB, 670x637
>>518844

>>>/ic/2476520

Do these in zbrush. You don't even need to learn Japanese as it mostly pictures.
>>
File: headsculpts.jpg (389 KB, 1455x943) Image search: [Google]
headsculpts.jpg
389 KB, 1455x943
>>519051
Michelangelo and scores of celebrated renaissance artists are just as guilty of this.
Use your eyes and you'll realize Michelangelo was basically a weeb, but instead of being a japanophile he was an ancient greekophile, as where all his peers.

Just look at this shit, can you tell what sculpts was based on a living person, and what sculpts was derived from a sculpt of what might just have been a living person?
How would an alien rate these sculpts that had no preconception about what was a grand legacy or the work of a celebrated artist?
And don't get me started on the faceplant nose of classical genius.

For the record the body of David is the work of a great artist, the face of David is the work of a artist crippled by his own training.
>>
File: 1396576294324.png (75 KB, 211x173) Image search: [Google]
1396576294324.png
75 KB, 211x173
>>519184
>How would an alien rate these sculpts
>>
>>519184
>How would an alien rate these sculpts
stopped reading here
>>
>>519202
>>519203

Well a person who lived under a rock then and where clueless about art history. You guys need to work on your imagination.
>>
>>519184
3rd from left on bottom is Olivia Wilde isn't it? Recognized that ultra box jaw right away. She looks like a goddamn ayyy lmao.
>>
>>519257
Yeah, it's her digital stunt double from tron legacy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.