[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been tasked with creating a rolling tumbleweed animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: tumbleweed.jpg (173 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumbleweed.jpg
173 KB, 1280x960
I've been tasked with creating a rolling tumbleweed animation but have no clue where to start. How would you even model something like this?
>>
File: 694750.gif (84 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
694750.gif
84 KB, 550x366
>>517827
>>
>>517827
You look at tumble weed refrences on YouTube babygurl
>>
>>517827
I don't understand the problem here.

The tumbleweed can be a simple irregular sphere, the texure is important and would have be a stick-like affair with alpha channel,

Animation is just moving and rotating the sphere , whilst recording it.
>>
>>517827
>tumbleweed
Fucking seriously? Just model a tumbleweed using some splines, give it a sphere collider, then use wind forces to animate it.
>>
make a really thin and long plane duplicate it 50 times and start arranging it, even use a sphere to make sure you have enough to make a ball

then make do quad uv prjection so all stripts will have the same UV then place a single weed texture there(with alpha transparency channel)

the lazy way is make bunch of curves entangling eachother or use the edges of a sphere and thicken them with a modifier
>>
What program are you using?

In Blender you could draw a tumbleweed with the Grease Pencil. You can convert it to mesh or curves and probably even export the result into another program if you wanted.

Here's an example of someone doing something similar to that: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/83783
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.