[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /3/, can I get a critique for the 3d model face that I made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: front.png (41 KB, 646x454) Image search: [Google]
front.png
41 KB, 646x454
hey /3/, can I get a critique for the 3d model face that I made?

is the overall topology right or good enough for facial animation? I intend to put some more edgeloops and remove some to make better edge flow, but I am wondering if the topology is good enough.
>>
File: side.png (34 KB, 639x455) Image search: [Google]
side.png
34 KB, 639x455
>>517361
this the side view of it
>>
File: persp.png (24 KB, 639x415) Image search: [Google]
persp.png
24 KB, 639x415
>>517362
this is the perspective view
>>
anyone?
>>
>>517361

It depends if it's realistic or stylized. Is it a base mesh to be sculpted on or the final piece. Best practice is to sculpt first then worry about topology later.
>>
I like it, good job anon

>>517371
>Best practice is to sculpt first then worry about topology later.

Kill yourself senpai
Proper topo then sculpting > sculpting then retopo
>>
File: 4580122818111-1.jpg (17 KB, 151x152) Image search: [Google]
4580122818111-1.jpg
17 KB, 151x152
>>517361
Looks like a cute girl. Gr8 job m8. Very nice topology
>>
>>517378

Sculpting changes the topo so you have to re-topo anyway. Your way seems like double the work.
>>
>>517361
The poles near the nose and mouth may cause pinching problems. You'd generally want to avoid poles in deforming areas.
>>
looks cute from the front. is it textured yet ?
>>
>>517383
I always use my good topology lowpoly human templates as a base for the sculpt, and afterwards i just need to edit the lowpoly to get as near to the sculpt as possible, for me this is less work than doing an entire new retopo model for each sculpt again and again. Especially because my template is already optimized for animation. Works for me at least.
>>
>>517416
And for me.
>>
>>517416
This
So much more stress-free, slave off at the start, then relax til the end; hell you can even UV it prior to sculpting, which allowed me to do situational things like sculpt from displacement for basic detail and markings
>>
>>517361
Looks like a nice face. I'm hardly an expert, but it certainly looks believable. Great job!
>>
those 5 edge poles where the laugh lines are look like they're gona be a pain in the ass. I would consider taking that awkward looking horizontal edge that loops through the upper lip, and continuing it up to the bottom of the eye. You remove a pole and get some more roundness to the lower eye.
>>
>>517416
Would you perhaps share said low poly human model?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.