[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: gKrmI.png (399 KB, 1675x1008) Image search: [Google]
gKrmI.png
399 KB, 1675x1008
Been fucking with 3dsmax for the last 4 hours trying to get a working bitmap for my 3d model.

I basicaly want to 'convert' a material(Multi/Sub-Object type that has about 14 materials in it) to a bmp , png , or whatever
>>
Anyone knows how the hell I can make this work? I need the 'file' that puts all the textures in the right place. I tried "Render to texture" and when I tried to apply the texture to the 3d model , it was basicaly just a picture that kept looping on the object
>>
>>516826
>I basicaly want to 'convert' a material(Multi/Sub-Object type that has about 14 materials in it) to a bmp , png , or whatever
so you want to convert 14 textures to 1 texture?
>>
File: 96Drs.png (262 KB, 1024x826) Image search: [Google]
96Drs.png
262 KB, 1024x826
>>516828
This is what I have , as you can see , all the textures are already applied correctly to the model so I suppose there is already some file /mapping or how the hell should I call it.
>>
File: dXtIF.png (256 KB, 513x512) Image search: [Google]
dXtIF.png
256 KB, 513x512
this is the mapping of another 3d object. This is what I need , this is what I want to get from that 1 Multi/Sub-Object material if it's possible.
>>
>>516829
i think you should google "texture atlas"
>>
>>516831
trying that right now. if there are any other alternatives , let me know.

thank you
>>
File: 6Nhfy.png (1 MB, 826x887) Image search: [Google]
6Nhfy.png
1 MB, 826x887
this is what I managed to get with Render to Texture. look weird but it should work. the problem is the texture won't apply correctly , its just a looping picture.
>>
>>516833
I was going to write an explanation but I think this is too complicated for you now. You should read the sticky / practice / git gud
>>
File: 8dNIg.png (259 KB, 1059x873) Image search: [Google]
8dNIg.png
259 KB, 1059x873
what I got using atlas texture
>>
I uploaded all the filed needed. If anyone can provide me a working bitmap for the 3d model , I'd really appreciate it. The 3d model its made out of different meshes , I usualy attach them all in 1 single mesh so I can easily apply the bitmap.

https://4stor.com/8dNIg
>>
wrong link ..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ko0u2z3ktqm43o0/lighthouse.rar
>>
I think you do a trick with a second uv map set. Uv map the whole object onto a second uv channel and bake from the first with the multiple maps to the second with one set.
>>
File: l44u4.png (620 KB, 794x806) Image search: [Google]
l44u4.png
620 KB, 794x806
i got it to work , i didnt have to mess with 3ds max rendering setup etc.

Thank you.
>>
>>516844
GTA?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.