[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of biting the bullet and finally investing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: low poly char 8.gif (318 KB, 450x650) Image search: [Google]
low poly char 8.gif
318 KB, 450x650
I'm thinking of biting the bullet and finally investing in a proper wacom tablet since I've wanted one since high school. What do you ZBrush folk recommend? Is $300 enough to get something not garbage?
>>
I use a 16 year old Wacom Bamboo, any wacom and a good number of other tablets will be fine
>>
$100 13" bamboo tablet is fine
>>
>>515110
>>515109
I actually wanted to spulrge a bit but if I don't have to I won. They don't sell bamboo anymore, is this $100 intuos comparable?

http://www.wacom.com/en-ca/products/pen-tablets/intuos-art
>>
>>515112

I have the exact model.

Zbrush a few hours a day.

no complaints. Spend more if you have the money.
>>
>>515108
i would probably get huion 610 if you want to go for something from below 1000dollars category
>>
>>515108

I have a Intuos pro small. More than enough room for anything. I also got an express key remote recently because using the buttons for long hours can cause hand strain. I think the Intuos 6 is due to come out soon though.
>>
Monoprice

Unless you need tilt data, monoprice.
>>
>>515108
You did this model yourself?

Looks good!
>>
>>515112
Intuos is the new Bamboo and Intuos Pro is the new Intuos. Way to confuse your customers.
>>
>>515331

this guy gets it 22inch digital screen tablet. 499 best drawing tablet yet. I draw only though no 3d yet...
>>
>>515112

How is the hand-eye coordination factor? I see they have the tablets where it's a giant screen, and I would expect, of course, that it would be much better to work with.

That model I'm replying to seems like there would be some micro error, and small-time user calibration before each stroke. I have never used one, but can someone give some insight?
>>
File: IMG_4513.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4513.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I picked this up used on Amazon about two weeks back, was $250 + shipping. I had the Intuos 3 medium, gave it to my daughter. totally worth it, so I could draw a single stroke across the whole screen without acceleration enabled.

>>517844
Personally I find the operate tablet easier. I have used Cintiq tablets, and at least last time I did, the space between the glass and the pen tip can be off-putting (at least it was for me), a sort of parallax effect. It can take some getting used to, but once you get the cursor speed tweaked to be close to the speed at which you move your hand, you should be fine.
>>
The problem with screen tablets is people forget about their hands being in the way. I couldn't get used to it because if I was sculpting on a head my hand would cover half the head and I like to see how the whole head is coming together as I sculpt.
>>
>>517873
When you sculpt you want to do it in VR. Apps exist. Sculpting with a tablet is dead.
>>
>>517875
>Sculpting with a tablet is dead.
>/3/
>>
File: disagreement-hierarchy.jpg (92 KB, 679x516) Image search: [Google]
disagreement-hierarchy.jpg
92 KB, 679x516
>>517885
>>
I use an intuos pro M, no complaints. For drawing I think a cintiq is still a little bit of an advantage (although I'm used to it by now), but for sculpting I think it's pretty much whatever.
>>
>>517889
overpriced trash
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.