[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Create medfan character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5
File: daggerDancer.png (2 MB, 1000x1300) Image search: [Google]
daggerDancer.png
2 MB, 1000x1300
Hello everyone, I post here because I have a project to create few medieval fantasy 3D scene (Dungeon and dragon universe) in order to make nice illustrations or short animations.

I have no skills in creating beautiful 3D models, but I know how to build scene and make animations in blender.
So my first idea was to look for nice (and free) 3D models of medieval fantasy character. I've found some but there is some big issue.
Free .stl file are easy to find (there is nearly all the monsters off D&D 3.5 for free) but it's only the meshs without texture.
Finding free medieval fantasy model with texture is really hard and rigged one are nearly impossible.

So I decide to look at Daz studio. I can build my character with it and then export a full 3D model (+texture + bones) in blender to make my animation.
But the choice of free stuff in Daz is also really limited for medieval fantasy universe ...
Do you know any place to find models for medfan character ? Or any other software with more choice that I can use ?

Pic related : a render made with Daz studio
>>
File: dragonslayer.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayer.png
1 MB, 1280x720
another exemple of scene in DAZ
>>
File: l36431-puo-3937-89802.jpg (19 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
l36431-puo-3937-89802.jpg
19 KB, 620x620
http://tf3dm.com/
search for medieval game characters and similar
>>
File: ohhai.jpg (191 KB, 1000x1300) Image search: [Google]
ohhai.jpg
191 KB, 1000x1300
>>514844
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/478/list-of-freebie-websites
>>
Thanks both of you,
I'm going to browse the list of daz freebie.

I already knew tf3dm, it have some great model they are nearly never rigged. Is it hard to learn how to do that in order to animate it after ?
>>
File: file_2150226.jpg (242 KB, 788x788) Image search: [Google]
file_2150226.jpg
242 KB, 788x788
>>515064
Depends on the user and software.
There are tools like Blender's rigify addon that generate a rig for you. You still have to assign it properly though. Bone weights etc.
>>
>>514844
Here OP

http://www.threednd.com/

You're welcome
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.