[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any decent 3D modeling software out there that is free?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1456776505850.jpg (121 KB, 586x960) Image search: [Google]
1456776505850.jpg
121 KB, 586x960
Is there any decent 3D modeling software out there that is free?

I'd like to get into 3D and really appreciate any recommendations
>>
blender
>>
Blender, also read the sticky

inb4

>blender
>decent
>>
>>514794
>>514793
thanks guys
>>
Maya

official student version . unless you own a render farm you can use it

when you work for someone with a rander farm you can use the full version.

the difference? the full version has software connecting you to a render farm.

you wont notice a difference otherwise

or get the "unofficial" full version via a torrent download

maya even lets you create things from the bones joints n muscle to skin, hair, mouths lips teeth tongue that Automatically animate when you feed it an english language mp3.
>>
>>514812
maya animates hair moving with the creature, or the wind, it animates the clothing moving on the person as they walk or run etc
>>
>>514791
Most people will say Blender, but it depends on if you just want to dabble in 3D for your personal use/amusement, cause it still pays to learn a popular high-end package like Max or Maya, even if it means torrenting them.

>>514813
Most high-end software with physics simulation can do that fampai
>>
>>514839
I want to add that traditional modeling software will only get you so far in 2016, eventually you'll also want to check out some sculpting software as well, like ZBrush, Mudbox, etc. Most of them pretty much require a pen tablet to use, but down the road it'll all be an essential addition, regardless of the type of work you'll decide to specialize in.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.