[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /3/ can you give me some quick feedback on this thing? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: imagerenderSmall.png (4 MB, 1843x1382) Image search: [Google]
imagerenderSmall.png
4 MB, 1843x1382
Hey /3/

can you give me some quick feedback on this thing?
And maybe some input for improvement?

Lighting doesn't seem right, but I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>514302
incorrect gamma, no partial transparency, no GI
>>
>>514304
Which objects are you refering to in particular?
>>
>>514307
entire scene
>>
>>514308
I get the gamma/GI but what is partial transparency wrt the entire scene?
>>
>>514310
git gud
>>
File: imagerender1.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
imagerender1.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>514311
>le epic premium 4chan member/dark souls/spoonfeeding/vidya maymay

I gotta admit I already smelled it half a mile away, so I'm not really surprised or irritated.

Either way, I activated Full Global Illumination on Blender Cycles and it doesn't really do much for the scene, from what I see. Maybe a tiny little bit.
Rendered on less samples obviously.
>>
>>514316
are you even trying?
>>
>>514318
Do you even know where you are?
>>
>>514320
?
>>
>>514321
Got anything useful to add?

No offense but your helpful input literally stopped one post in. Yet you took the time to post taciturn replies to what is obviously a beginners thread, which is effectively the same as no help at all.

So you wanna go into detail on that partial transparency or not? Because seriously man, this way you're just wasting the time of both of us.
>>
>>514325
>shitposting
if you want to git gud, you have to put the effort in mate. Your scene looks like fuckin shit, and i told you some things that are wrong with it. Hell, you didnt even fix the number one thing, which is incorrect gamma and what i mentioned first. You have no clue what you're doing. If you want to improve, maybe you should practice more and google some shit instead of posting on the slowest board on all 4chan. Me? I've been doing 3D for many years and what I've found is that if you want to get better you'll help yourself. Stop being retarded
>>
>>514327
If that is your answer why are you even answering beyond anything but the first post?
This is retarded and you're obviously bored out of your mind man.

Do you really think this is some sort of valuable advice?
"Well you gotta practice"
Wow! no shit! What do you think I'm trying to do? Why do you think I made this thread in the first place.
Why do you think I'm specifically asking for input?

This is not some fucking failure to communicate.

I asked you a crystal clear follow up question to what you said and you saw it necessary to whop out the fucking elitist sass, because you could either not be arsed to answer properly or, as it is the case so often around here, you think it is oh-so-fucking-funny to throw out a couple of catch-words, assuming everybody can just go with it

If the latter is the case, well whoop-de-fucking-doo, business as usual around here.
But if the earlier is the case, then - PLEASE - do everybody around here a favor and just fucking say so. Or don't. Don't post anything at all. But everything is better than that thing you're pulling off.

Also nevermind that people are using different tools, that are differently documented and where different aspects are differently named but oh yeah.... just google it right?
Well here is a shocker - I found stuff. Didn't help. Not the end of the world. Probably did something wrong, probably missed something - wait... let's write down what I did - you know, maybe someone knows... nope! All you get is some empty bullshit phrase. Well thanks m80. Another one for the fucking vault.

Now I might seem mad at this point, or annoyed or whatever, but I'm just so fucking tired of this.
It's literally the same on every fucking board here. Every hobby has to be infiltrated by this smug, elitist bullshit.
>>
>>514338
>If that is your answer why are you even answering beyond anything but the first post?
you're being a complete baby duck retard

>Do you really think this is some sort of valuable advice?
I told you 3 things, and you addressed none of them except writing long long posts whining about how you cant do any work without being spoonfed

>This is not some fucking failure to communicate.
is english your first language?

>I asked you a crystal clear follow up question to what you said and you saw it necessary to whop out the fucking elitist sass,
Again, see doing your own work

your work is so bad, how about posting less and practicing more. Me? I've put thousands of hours in, thousands. I'm so much better than you because i actually put in work and make very very little original threads here begging for help. If i do beg for help, its on a very technical board such as stackoverflow or opengl forum where I need someone who has very specific knowledge about something and even then I spend hours doing research before I even think of asking any question.

tldr you are a babby duck and you're shitting up this board
>>
>>514338
Not that guy, but there's a question thread for this kind of shit.

Not only that, but you should be able to look at your work and see what needs more work.
You may not have that skill yet, but for what it's worth, you should be able to look at it and tell something is off. And be able to pinpoint it
>Lighting doesn't seem right, but I can't put my finger on it.

There you go, you've already done it.
Now fuck with the lighting till something clicks. Add more lanterns off screen, change intensities, all sorts of shit. Look up how to set up a dark interior scene.
It seems like you're not searching/cant find an answer because you cant find an answer for your specific answer in this case.

For the transparency, I think the anon meant on your little paper wall. It's paper.
And the little standing thing behind the person, I think that's paper (or something like it) as well.
Assuming your lantern is just a light source inside it, use the same material for the walls as the lantern. Then fuck around with the light.

I'm no expert, but there's some shit you could try.
Standing around and being an otherwise bitch about things because people aren't giving the answers your looking for is only going to give you a bad time. If you can't deal with it, you really are better going to Reddit for this shit (I mean that non ironically).
>>
>>514302
ill try to be constructive as possible

>wood textures are weird, and they could use displacement
>light is scarce, from composition perspective i focus more on the lamp because there is light there,you could have another source of light just from behind
>increase the samples please
>camera focuses nothing, character is left out, learn about focal lens and everything camera related
>seems like the character is looking away, why.
>scene is too fucking dark in general. even when its supposed to be dark
>try to mess around with environment, get some extra props in,rotate some,blood splashes or whatever
>rig the character fingers,pose them
>>
>>514339
i know you are trying to help the man but i can't ignore the fact that your an ass
>>
>>514339
>whining about how you cant do any work without being spoonfed

I fucking knew this shit would come. Now let me tell you one thing:
If you are prepared to comment on something and somebody asks you a follow up question, this is not called spoonfeeding.
This is called a normal fucking conversation and your so called "help" is ABSOLUTELY useless if the person that you're offering it to can't do anything with it - even if it was offered with good intention.

>is english your first language?

As a matter of fact it isn't.

>Me? I've put thousands of hours in, thousands. I'm so much better than you because i actually put in work and make very very little original threads here begging for help. If i do beg for help, its on a very technical board such as stackoverflow or opengl forum where I need someone who has very specific knowledge about something and even then I spend hours doing research before I even think of asking any question.

Great. A double thumbs up for you.
Though...

>stackoverflow

Sorry, I'm not indian enough for that.

>>514345
Now this is more like it.
Thanks anon!

>>514344
Will do. Thanks anon.
Was wondering about the paper myself. But well...

> If you can't deal with it, you really are better going to Reddit for this shit (I mean that non ironically).

Well, I really just came here because I was under the impression that 4chan still has the potential for quick feedback. But you're definitely right. With the time I put in I could have registered on blenderartists or wherever.
>>
File: PEPe Uv.jpg (3 MB, 4096x4096) Image search: [Google]
PEPe Uv.jpg
3 MB, 4096x4096
>>514302
I'd say start again.
>>
>>514350
learn about blender compositor. it might have hours long videos but if you are into rendering its worth every minute
throw in a little photoshop to your skillset, it won't hurt
>>
>>514350
If you come her for advice you must have a good mental firewall and be able to ignore the meme spouting idiots who come here to inflate their ego.

>>514339
>Me? I've put thousands of hours in, thousands. I'm so much better...

Nobody gives a shit about your power fantasies, fat smelly basement dweller.

Regarding that scene, play around with it like he >>514344
said.
I am no expert but, it seems to me like the intensity of the light should be higher up close and barely there in the corners of the room. Play around with the the light falloff.
>>
>>514302

OP leave this place and go to polycount or another 3D forums. This board is just a bunch of subhuman scum. I don't know how this place manages it, but it is worse than /ic/.
>>
>>514385
this
>>
>>514392
>>514385
>thin skin
>defending shit baby duck attitudes
>>
>>514393
He was not defending anything, he just said this board was shit.
>>
>>514423
?

this chan doesnt tolerate laziness and spoonfeeding, like a polycunt
>>
File: japanese_room_post.jpg (1 MB, 1474x1131) Image search: [Google]
japanese_room_post.jpg
1 MB, 1474x1131
>>514302
If you're using cycles, you gotta do like Gleb Alexandov and photoshop the shit out of the render.
Of course you have to also make a better scene by learning composition and defining the materials better, but motherfucking photoshop, man. It really helps.
Also, if you don't already know Gleb, go watch his videos NOW.
>>
>>514433
>making it worse
pls anon stop
>>
File: untitled.png (3 MB, 1843x1382) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
3 MB, 1843x1382
>>514433
how it should have been done
>>
File: 1440272125059.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440272125059.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>514439
>>
>>514433

If you removed that big ass flare on her chest it would have look good.
>>
>>514433
Go back to making CoD montages.
>>
File: Happy_LSD.png (418 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
Happy_LSD.png
418 KB, 600x372
>>514439
>>
File: filters.jpg (95 KB, 1843x1382) Image search: [Google]
filters.jpg
95 KB, 1843x1382
>>514439
Step it up senpai.
>>
File: 1456865916578.png (4 MB, 1843x1382) Image search: [Google]
1456865916578.png
4 MB, 1843x1382
>>514533
you keep saying senpai
be ye a faggot?
>>
I agree with the asshole OP, git gud before you do this, its clear that you have no idea what you are doing and this wont get you anywhere, do your future self a favour and actually do hours and hours of learning
>>
why are you not use PBR yet faggot?
get with the times
>>
File: 1716430_20121007035922.jpg (37 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
1716430_20121007035922.jpg
37 KB, 350x265
>>514424
this.
i'm sick of forums trying to be politically correct. if my work is shit, i want someone to tell me it's shit. if you want flowery language and lies, GTFO
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.