[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>reading your resume >it says you use blender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 3d2.png (407 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
3d2.png
407 KB, 570x489
>reading your resume
>it says you use blender
>>
"Describe your primary focus working in 3d"

>Tits
>Jiggle
>>
> expertise in 3d programs ?
> poser/DAZ
> get arrested for being a pervert
>>
>>513195
BULLSHIT! Daz is used in the production process for VARIOUS mediums.

Here's just one example.
https://www.daz3d.com/explore-ron-mendell
>>
File: gallery_02_l[1].jpg (1 MB, 2970x1710) Image search: [Google]
gallery_02_l[1].jpg
1 MB, 2970x1710
>>513196
all I see
is sex :^)
sex sex sex :^)
>>
>First time applying for an internship after a year of learning Maya
>It's a small house that mostly does kids stuff and comercials
> I like VFX but whatevs, I'm trying to learn
> They say they only work on blender
>Wat.jpg
> They say all the other production houses in the city do as well
> This doesn't make any sense
> The boss actually knows his shit, has been in the industry for 10 years

The moral of the story is that, local companies don't all work the same way, and only because /3/ says that's how it is, it doesn't mean it's true
>>
>>513212

If I had a company I would also only use blender. Paying a 1000 $ licence for every computer fuck that. Also if everyone uses blender the main critique point I hear here all the time, that the production pipeline gets messed up, is invalidated.
>>
What a bunch of commies. Max or Maya or even better lightwave are the only production proven tools.
>>
>>513215

and this is why you don't have a company.
>>
>>513222

Do you have a company?
>>
>>513212
you thing is you can buy nice vfx plugins for 100$ each and install them in blender you still save thousands of dollars by not buying something like C4D
>>
>>513231
well you did say small house. small houses most of the time dont have the budget to spend on expensive programs. but if they get the budget to spend on better programs, trust me they will. theres reasons big companies dont use blender and its because it is far inferior
>>
>>513232
it could be the case, but since everything in blender is plugin based you can simply switch the tools that you don't like and make your workflow similar to an expensive program

plus its proven that blender is capable of vfx/production.
>>
>>513232
>theres reasons big companies dont use blender and its because it is far inferior
The reason is that Blender is on par with the industry standard tools for little more than maybe 2 years, and no big studio with a decade of experience in Max or Maya will switch.
>>
>>513236
im a blender user myself, and i don't think blender is better than maya out of the box, maybe in some areas it does but it still need a good amount of plugins/renders to compete
but not so much that it will cost you serious money
>>
>>513212
Is this story made up? Name one of the production houses, one you didn't apply to and is far away from where you live (if you're paranoid about someone from /3/ showing up and shouting 'HA! 4CHAN, MEMES, BLEEEEEEENNNNNDERRRRRRR!!!!') with a website that either mentions Blender or shows screenshots with Blender UI elements
>>
>>513243
It's not made up, I actually prefer Maya myself, but the point is that blender-based production houses exist.

Just did a quick google search: production houses blender. And this came up

https://www.blendernetwork.org/vismayasmax-animations

And also
> https://www.blendernetwork.org/
Seems to be a webiste dedicated to finding jobs for people with blender skills.
>>
>>513226
Do you have a company?
>>
File: 1454198104661.png (564 KB, 581x572) Image search: [Google]
1454198104661.png
564 KB, 581x572
>le ebin my software is better than yours maymay

ZZZzzzz
>>
>>513472
Unproductive slobs have to channel their energy through shitposting. Also, it's always the same since they also lack creativity
>>
>>513212
I get called a retard by my tutors at college all the time for using blender, they wont even mark my work unless it's done on 3ds max sometimes.
>>
How can other programs even compete with Modo?
>>
WOOOPDY WOOP NIGGA WHAT!!!
>>
>>513212
A lot of archiviz companies in my country use blender + vray.
>>
>>513212
What city are you from again?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.