[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, new architect here. I don't know if this is the right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: curch.jpg (792 KB, 1920x988) Image search: [Google]
curch.jpg
792 KB, 1920x988
Hello, new architect here. I don't know if this is the right place to post this or in /p/.

I measured this church and designed it in AutoCAD (seven layouts).
I want to turn it into 3d in 3dsmax. I don't have any problem modeling, but when it comes to texturing I don't know what to do.
The inside of the church is full of curves that have hagiographies on them.

Is there in the market some kind of photocamera-scanner that can scan the curved hagiographies and make flat images of them so that I can place them on the unwraped surfaces.?
How should I deal this problem?

Again, sorry if this is the wrong board.
>>
>>512008
In photoshop there's a lens correction tool in the filters menu that might help out.
Mainly it's for fixing barrel distortion and other lens effects, but you MIGHT be able to get it to work for what you want.
>>
If you have the cash, a 3d scanner would be the best option.

However you could probably make do by stitching together a series of photographs of the interior surfaces. Set up a camera on a tripod and take the a series of photos normal to the direction of the surface at that point. Take these and use each photo for the part of the uv map. The more photos you take, the greater the accuracy will be.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.