[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't know whether to post this to /3/ or /diy/ but...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: pic.png (1 MB, 1919x993) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
1 MB, 1919x993
Didn't know whether to post this to /3/ or /diy/ but...
What is the best solution for designing floor plans?

There's this project of pretty high importance I've been working on for a while but the program I'm using has the worst renderer I've seen in my life - and I need photorealistic renders.

Any recommendations?
Pic very related - it took about 30 seconds to render this on a 6-core Xeon...
>>
3ds Max and VRay is the most widely used combo in architectural visualization. There are a ton of tutorials out there for it, too. The ones on viscorbel.com are a good introduction and will get you reasonably close to photorealism if you're willing to invest the time. If you want to go the extra mile and REALLY want things to look real take a look at Grant Warwick's Mastering VRay course.
>>
As previous anon said, 3ds and vray. From that scene you could probably only use walls in 3ds. You need good models and materials for realistic render, it's not only the renderer.
>>
>>511924
you could even use blender and cycles render if had to, just don't expect to get all the dimensions laid out like you would see in a propper plan from regular architectural programs
>>
you can pay me $1500 dollars to do it for you
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-05+at+07.34.29).png (3 KB, 102x218) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-05+at+07.34.29).png
3 KB, 102x218
>>511924
Vray is the most used renderer for interior architecture. You can use any modelling application that supports, any of pic related.
If you don't wanna pirate use blender, it's as or almost as better than any of the above.
>>
>>512007
>>511962
>>511933
>>511934

Mmokay, so I suppose I'll have to use actual 3D modelling software.

How hard is it to get something integral to design like wall segment dimensions in let's say, 3ds max?
>>
>>512038
You just set up Max to use the units you want, then create the walls as you want them.

Most people either import 2D floor plans as line drawings from a CAD program or draw them using the spline tools inside Max. The 2D plans can then be used as a guide for creating the actual 3D model.
>>
I think I found what I needed - Premier X7 - it's kind of a CAD suite but with a UI made for developing floor plans.
It also supports multithreading, GPU acceleration, raytracing and is 64-bit which is nice since I've got 24GB of ram.
>>
>>511924
Use Lumion for rendering, just don't add people because they look like shit.
>>
>>512038
It's easy, every software (even Blender, although it's a bit obtuse, and doesn't handle Imperial very well for some reason) lets you specify units (google "[3d_package_name] precision modeling")

Really though a CAD program is the way to go (I don't know which one, SeetHome is the one people recommend and it seemed like obtuse garbage) but the last one I used (back in the 90s) let you just click and drag from a list of common objects / fundamental structural features (doors, windows, wall thickness, etc)
>>
File: 1274075431546.jpg (66 KB, 817x655) Image search: [Google]
1274075431546.jpg
66 KB, 817x655
>>512914
>>
File: mstan3.png (2 MB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
mstan3.png
2 MB, 1920x1044
>>512914
I've already began using >>512175
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.