[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
here's a WIP elephant guy I've been working on in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: View 1.jpg (79 KB, 1506x936) Image search: [Google]
View 1.jpg
79 KB, 1506x936
here's a WIP elephant guy I've been working on in zbrush (mostly just this morning). this is for a uni course so i didnt really get to choose the character.

im actually supposed to follow this http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/1774-Your-First-Day-in-ZBrush#play-43952
tutorial but the guy whos doing it isnt very good at sculpting and my professor said i could kinda do my own thing with him SO I MADE HIM FAT.
>>
>>511619
your point is?
>>
What does /3/ think?
>>
>>511619
Pretty good, some parts even look better than the one in the tutorial, good job.
Now please tell me that tutorial was made by someone from your school, because if not that's fucking outrageous. I wouldn't like to pay for a 3d college that just tells me to follow some digital tutors tutorial.
>>
>>511660
thx mayne, i'll get to detailing it and update this post later, but detailing takes soooooooooooo long.

my school gave me a free digital tutors account, but yeah some classes here have been just following mediocre tutorials online and I have complained about this to a lot of professors. That being said, I am being taught by a studio professional, and he gives me a lot of sculpting anatomy help, industry advice, and kinda lets me do my own thing. After i finish these video tutorials I'll probably be working straight from concept art and such

these are also from a free digital tutors account (well i guess paid for with my tuition) which has come in handy quite a bit for looking up techniques.
>>
>>511664
Alright that seems fair enough.
Here's a piece of advice: while the anatomy is not bad, try to make the body less blobish , the clay brush is great for that, especially with the square alpha. (smooth it later of course)
>>
learn 2d, then 3d will flow smoothly
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj8W5LhvMtQ
>>
>>511619
I have no clue why they teach zbrush before knowing topology basics+maya/3ds basics. check out gnomon's character modeling course (the cartoony soldier one). you will learn 10 times faster with this one out of the way
>>
>>511726
could be they assume the "student" learned those basics first before coming to gnomon.
>>
>>511726
Because technical skills are a lot faster and easier to learn than artistic skills... You don't need to pay some university to teach you a few hotkeys and tools locations to manipulate some vertices. Poly-modeling is dead simple to anyone who isn't computer-illiterate. OP can learn that part in a day whenever he feels like it.
>>
>>511757
>Because technical skills are a lot faster and easier to learn than artistic skills
you what?
>>
File: what a weird guy.jpg (147 KB, 1506x936) Image search: [Google]
what a weird guy.jpg
147 KB, 1506x936
>>511672
which parts specifically? the boobs look big on purpose cuz hes kinda an alien so i wanna keep those, but are there other parts that are too blobbish?
>>511723
that's pretty awesome, i coulda used it as reference lol
>>511726
do u have a link to the cartooney one? also I've taken box modeling and figure drawing courses before starting in zbrush

I detailed and posed this guy a lil bit as well as fixed some junk. my professor hasnt responded to my emails so im hoping he wont throw this out or anything when i meet him later
>>
>>511673
Excellent post

Hey everyone, this guy really knows his stuff!
>>
>>511832
yeah I don't even know what he was getting at. like, yes it will, uhh thanks for the advice?
>>
>>511829
>which parts specifically
The hands, the eyebrows, the feet and the belly (the latter looks a bit square)
In you update the hands look better, but the feet still look weird.
Also, get a lot of elephant pictures if you're planing on making the wrinkles, they're pretty fun to make but can be a bit hard without proper references. i personally think that character would look great with them.
>>
>>
File: ZBrush Document2.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ZBrush Document2.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
>>511881
woah that's pretty cool, i guess this is a common creature type of person, i was just following the tutorials so eh

>>511829
I'm moving on to other projects and this was just practice so I'll probably not work on this much longer, but thanks for the tips, you did point out some stuff i didn't notice but will keep in mind for future projects.

here's some basic paint and a 360 wireframe:
https://youtu.be/Paoa5RBJCfo
>>
>>511619
SUP errbody, downloaded digitaltutors courses in the backpack *used for offline browsing* trying to get the files from it downloading, but seems non playable in WMP or VLC or any other software.

Not looking to pay monthly continuously for this content and none of my programs have been able to download them from the browser it seems. *DOWNTHEMALL* especially. Would love help from this, thanks.
>>
his feet are too small, he'd be unbalances
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.