[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been wondering why one should buy zBrush if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sculptris_logo.png (99 KB, 469x461) Image search: [Google]
sculptris_logo.png
99 KB, 469x461
So I've been wondering why one should buy zBrush if you can do awesome shit in Sculptris ( https://youtu.be/OIgBVSwjdd0). Doing the retopology in 3dsmax and projecting normal maps from the original sculpture can make a pretty damn good lowpoly model for game engines and you still have it for portfolio piece.
I know zBrush has a shitton of tools that Sculptris doesn't have but I wanna know your opinions on Sculptris since I'm pretty new to this 3D world.
>>
>>511525
why use a lesser tool?
pixologic bought sculptris so they would have less competitors
>>
>>511527
So there's no big difference between the two?
>>
>>511541
top zozzle!
>>
>>511541
Theres a huge difference. One is good and the other one sucks which is why they have it for free.

Sculptris vs zbrush is equivalent to trying to cut a steak with the backside of the knife when the blade side is avaliabe to you
>>
>>511525
It would be impossible to do something like this in sculptris, but the dude can do it within hours within ZBrush. ZBrush provides lots of tools for speeding up your workflow and creating procedural and clean looking work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvCompIskoY
>>
>>511574
>It would be impossible to do something like this in sculptris

>posts an basic as fuck sculpt

lol'd
>>
sculptris has no real support for background/reference images. which really is important when sculpting off a reference. that alone makes it unusable for me.
>>
Its been a while since I used sculptris but, reasons why zbrush is better

polygroups
transpose masking and modifying
dynamesh for merging geometry
>>
>>511574
>>511610
Thanks, that's all I wanted know.
>>
also all hard surface tools, like : cut, trim, group loops, panel loops, extruding, zmodeler, zremesher, uv master, transpose master
all those tools are really helpfull
>>
>>511525
Sculptris only increase triangular mesh, not quads which would be a shitty model to use.
>>
>>511525

Sculptris is a good beginner's program for sculpting but you'll eventually exhaust it's ability and want to move on to something with more features.

It's a fun way to introduce yourself to sculpting. I used to enjoy playing with it when I was babby tier.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.