[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so... how long will it take to become this good in blender?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: blam2.jpg (1 MB, 2048x864) Image search: [Google]
blam2.jpg
1 MB, 2048x864
so...

how long will it take to become this good in blender?
>>
>>511132
People who claim these things are done in Blender are trolls. 99% of people who claim they did something like that in Blender did it in Max; the remaining 1% are fat nerds who spend all their time doing nothing but modeling in Blender in order to stick it to the man.
>>
It says it was done in Houdini
>>
File: 67556.jpg (16 KB, 306x241) Image search: [Google]
67556.jpg
16 KB, 306x241
>>511138
>>511139
>hurr it was made in houdini
>hurr it was made in 3dMax
>hurr blender is incapable of letting you use it for the most basic modeling shit

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?390354-Blender-Astromonkey
>>
>>511142
It does have a Houdini and blender watermark
>>
>>511132
>Inb4 my coloured pencils are superior and nothing of great detail can be done with your shitty crayola 99+ pack.
>>
I like the detail but the design is extremely shitty. As well as the simple ass rendering
>>
>>511167
Ok b0ss let's see how it's done, post your superior design
>>
>>511175
Big boss has left. Gotta shitpost on other threads.
>>
probably kitbash
>>
>>511149

>Software: Blender(80%), Houdini. Rendered with Cycles GPU, basic light setup. Minimal comp, no paintover.
>>
>>511197
Yes but it is clear why some could come to the idea that Houdini was important.
>>
>>511197
HAH MAXTARDS SUCK IT
>>
It sounds like, from his thread, he modeled 350 kitbashed pieces in Blender, used modifiers and py scripts to make something almost entirely procedural, then used Houdini to finish it

I hope he'll revisit a project like this when the node based duplii shit is implemented in Blender, sounds like it'd be right up his ally

As for "it's not possible to make good things in Blender", it's just that you need to invest quite a bit of time (and MAYBE some money) in add-ons, tweaks, custom scripts, and forks / branches / alternate builds with features not yet in the official release.
But I kind of suspect the same is true at the highest level for Max, Maya, Zbrush etc, they may have a lower floor but they all have a high ceiling

https://www.artstation.com/artist/gleb_alexandrov
>>
>>511132
>become this good

Nobody becomes this good. Any good cg work is done by a select few asian demi-gods who naturally have the ability to do great cg work. All others can merely try and fail to produce anything half decent looking. People who tell you "practice and you will do better eventually" are liars. They are either trained by the Jews that run the world to persuade people like you to keep yourself occupied and distract you from the corruption that exists in the world, or they're trolls that are trying to mess with you. Give it up now before it is too late.
>>
>>511151

Have you even taken a traditional art class? Crayola pencils are waxy as fuck, and their colors are weak because of low pigment levels.

Prismacolor pencils (hell, everything they make) is overpriced as fuck, but they're good.

Next you'll say there is no difference between Bic and Micron pens.
>>
What parts were done in Houdini?
>>
>>511217

>"As you can see I try to keep the base meshes clean/light and fast to change while relying heavily on Modifer/Nodal(houdini) history to build more complex meshes out of them in a nonlinear/nondestructive process. There's heavy reliance on Solidify, Bevels, Booleans, Lattice, CurveDeform, Screws, Arrays etc. Even the UVs are autoprojected(uv project modifier) from 4 dominant vectors which enables making cycles render previews with near-final materials possible at very early stage while mesh is still drastically evolving.
The whole idea is to bypass STEP-BY-STEP execution in favor of enabling rapid, progressive iterations to every part of the scene. There's a bit more going on than this which could use a more indepth explanation (houdini part, python, workflow and other specifics) but it should give anyone curious a good overview and also highlight how Blenders powerful modifier based workflow can be applied.

Once again, Thank you all Sincerely! "

So I guess he mostly used Houdini as a way to manage all the procedurally generated bits and pieces
>>
File: 1401678974156.jpg (79 KB, 403x498) Image search: [Google]
1401678974156.jpg
79 KB, 403x498
>>511213
>Electrical diodes
>Steampunk
>>
>>511238
It's not a well-defined artstyle/genre, I would imagine, the thing that separates it from the space era is electornics/plastics. Can you imagine if there were no plastics, shit would be dope.
>>
>>511255

wood and brass fittings everywhere
>>
>>511255
>>511259

The only thing worse than a world without plastics would be a world without concrete.
>>
>>511255

Don't worry anon. He's probably also one of those douchebags that thinks everything Kato shits out is canon Steampunk material.
>>
>>511132
>this good
nigga relax.
Take that picture and load it up as image planes and just try to copy it as best you can. I think you'll find that a lot of that model is easier to make than you think.
>>
>>511288

I am not that good with had surface, but it looks tedious as fuck.

Personally I think it would probably have been better with less detail. It has so much detail it's really noisy and you don't got any clear focal point. Also it doesn't look functional and more like "gamer-tech" like some Alienware laptop or razor mouse and the robot probably runs on mountain dew and doritos.
>>
>>511296
yeah of course it's busy and lacking a focal point. This isn't a composition, it's a technical demonstration. It says "Look how detailed and intricate this render is. Blender sure is awesome"

The OP is mystified by the intricacies, and I just wanted to point him in the right direction to learning how to do that himself.
>>
>>511287
>>511238here.
Had to look up who that is. And from what I've seen only a few look actually decent albeit looks like just softcore, Jessica Nigri crap minus the hairline.

I have seen my fair share of good and bad steampunk.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.