[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VRAY Vs. Mental Ray
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
What's everyones thoughts on Vray and Mental Ray? Is one superior over the other or are they both good in their own unique ways? I have heard a few people say that Vray is faster than Mental Ray but on the otherhand some people swear that they are about the same. What do you guys think?
>>
>>511042
ilm uses mental ray for a lot of their large heavy scenes that would crash vray.

mental ray gives you more control, almost to the point where you have no idea if a attribute will really have a noticeable effect

vray gives you a nice result faster, but mental ray can achieve the same result
>>
Could someone post a guide to the best Vray render settings for if you're churning out animations? I'm on an i7 and it almost takes up 4 minutes per frame.
>>
> different material settings
> different light setting
how are you trying to make a comparison if they're not even the same scene
>>
>>511048
that's normal. just did a 360 view of a house with 36 frames. each frame took 1-2 hours to render on an i7-4770
>>
>>511050
also i just switched from vray to corona and corona is just so much simpler and more fluid for realistic renders.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.