[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Issues with maya 2015 installing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: deszk.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
deszk.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
I had maya 2015 on my computer, but i unistalled it, Now that i try to reinstall, it only installs plugins (direct connect, mental ray, etc.), not the main program itself, because it says that's already installed, despite uninstalling the program, and clearing the leftover files as well.
I downloaded several copies of the installers, but none of them succeeded. What should i do now?

inb4 install install install
>>
First, make sure you are downloading the latest service pack from Autodesk. Second, need to know what platform you are on, there are loads of files scattered all over that you need to clean up.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2015-service-pack-6.html
>>
windows 7 64-bit
I alrady run service pack 6, but it couldn't validate files, and said that there was a problem with the installer. Strangely, the installer didn't show any errors, i even checked the logs.
>>
>>510617
I do know that SP6 on windows requires a working install of 2015 SP5 or older, right? The windows file is an updater as opposed to a complete installer like on Mac/Linux. That may be your file validation problem if you installed and then tried to run the SP6 installer. I am also reading that AV can cause issues with the downloaded file becoming corrupted, so you may want to verify that you have temporarily disabled AV while downloading the files you need from Autodesk. see
http://www.arch-pub.com/Maya-2015-install-fail_10505351.html

for more details on this.
>>
>>510653
*if you uninstalled then ran the SP6 file, sorry
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.