[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive had this question for a while and I wanted to hear your guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: fzd_entertainmentdesign_2047.jpg (276 KB, 1500x1061) Image search: [Google]
fzd_entertainmentdesign_2047.jpg
276 KB, 1500x1061
Ive had this question for a while and I wanted to hear your guys take on it.

Its kind of hard to describe so here it goes. Let's say you want to model a table. When you guys make a table do you make sure that the legs are attatched to the bottom of the table and its all one seamless model or is it okay to have the legs as a seperate object that clips though the bottom of the table a bit and you just merge it all together at the end.

Im asking this because im trying to do some modeling and I feel like it would be a lot easier to unwrap/texture a model if there was separate parts.

Thanks!
>>
You could do it either way you described it, personally I'd make one separately, duplicate it, then merge into the table. Then unwrap it.
>>
>>510135
if at some point you see the bottom of the table model it clean, else don't waste time on it
>>
>>510140
you're missing the point.
>>
>>510135
>have the legs as a seperate object that clips though the bottom of the table
work harder not smarter?
>>
>>510141
No he isn't That is the only factor to base this decision on.
>>
>>510135
you do realize that this house will collapce already during the building of it dont you?
>>
unless its a close up i always model everything in different pieces it looks the same unless you zoom to like 5 cm away from it.

There are times where you need things to be together like animating or 3d printing but you can join it later with dynamesh etc.
>>
>>510135
How many times has it been said, if you're not gonna animate the object, or won't use it in a game, clipping is fine. Also, you can have more than one uv maps for one mesh.
>>
Having separate legs could help if you need to edit a small part i.e. too much weight, leg snaps
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.