[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm new to 3D modeling for the most part. I have both Maya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: main.jpg (59 KB, 510x616) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
59 KB, 510x616
I'm new to 3D modeling for the most part. I have both Maya and Zbrush. I know my way around Mayas interface somewhat, I'm working on learning ZBrush here soon. I just have a question.

I just have a slightly dumb question.

If I want to sculpt myself as practice in Zbrush, how many reference images should I have minimum? I know the more the better. But if I want a good setup how many should I have?
>>
>>509555

You need a shot of your subject's head from the front and the side minimum, plus some photos of facial expressions if you want to go that far with it.

You also need a shot of the body from the front, side and rear, with decent closeups of any detail that will be visible, like recognizable scars or whatnot.

Having a mirror handy would be a good idea too, if you are doing a self portrait.

Ideally, you would want all of the above shots under a couple of different lighting conditions, because the geometry of the body looks a bit different under different conditions, and you might notice details under one set of lighting conditions that are completely invisible under another.
>>
I about to say wtf is with all those random hoses, and when I saw his feet I was oh-ok, the futuristic version of Mr. Miyagi - I haz hoses - Gardening & Bonzai yard services.
>>
How can I go about making a character model with any outfit I choose, seeing as I am no expert in anatomy right now letalone anything else. What would be the quickest/easier approach for a beginner?
>>
>>509562
He kills weeds with extreme prejudice
>>
>>509600
Make a fat person. You need to get the proportions right (arm/leg length etc) but you can disregard the muscles since they are covered with fat.
Don't aim for photorealism nor cartoon. Stick close to reality, but simplify it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.