[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: preview.webm (319 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
preview.webm
319 KB, 320x240
First time finishing an animation.
Ripped model from league of legends (Maokai), retextured and rigged him.
Did some physics simulations, and here i am.
Opinions?
>>
imo i would like more impact and flying parts but dk
>>
>>509232
Is good. Would like to see more than just two secs though
>>
>>509232
awful animation. His lefet leg and left lower arm dont even move, neither do any of his head tentacles move. Nor do any of his fingers move. Why waste time doing all this retexturing and rigging which is clearly above your skills? Why not just use a free rig?
>>
>>509233
>>509234
yeah, i'm not sure about the impact.
it might be a bit weak from a fantasy perspective, but the material is supposed to be stone, so i wanted to go for a heavier look.
i only have this loop animated since it's supposed to be a replica of his "Q" skill in game.
>>
>>509235
>neither do any of his head tentacles move

mfw he's made of wood
>>
>>509237
wood can still move, especially when its living wood. Stop defending this crap
>>
File: preview2.webm (248 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
preview2.webm
248 KB, 320x240
>>509238

you do see he's burnt, right?
as in, not living wood.
as in, dead wood. hard wood.

also, the character is in a MOBA game, where animations are quick, free from unnecessary movements etc.

I could've animated every branch individually, sure. but why?

included a shot of the legs, shadows were hiding movements.
>>
>>509239
If you cant accept criticism, DONT POST. This looks awful, limbs dont move, no weight to it. Take it to 30second club if you dare to be humiliated
>>
>>509240
haha, aight man, aight.

i have no problem recieving critique, you seem to be the one having a problem with me forming a discussion about it.
>>
>>509241
Look, I was taught for 2 years in person by an oscar winning animation director. If you think this is gud animation, you've got another thing coming.
>>
>>509242
>oscar winning animation director

>MOBA game

it's like it.. just.. won't ... hit you
>>
>>509242
I agree. People nowadays skim over the fine details of animation in favor of sugar coated effects. Where will all our fapping go if animators stop adding the extra jiggly to the boobies.
>>
>>509243
you wanted opinons on an animation, not on a game you created. You got crits; now you're saying NO CRITS THIS IS PART OF MY GAME. MY GAME THAT I CREATED THAT THIS IS A PART OF
>>
it doesn't strike me as particularly bad like the other guy in this thread is saying, but I am no animation expert, so please explain to me what bad about it because I don't really see it (for a game grade model)

Pls elaborate do I can learn because I don't think an animation is bad just because he didn't fully animate all fingers. Awfull animation to me is two single key frames with tweening in between.
>>
Some truly retarded criticism going on in here.

> Weight
It's an animation for a game. You do not have the time to worry about weight, because you will just introduce more input lag.

> Left leg doesn't move
Try that motion yourself. The left leg is naturally planted on the ground

> Wood doesn't bend and wobble around
Get the fuck out.

I'd like to add that the jumping animation for the little thing in his hand is a little too rigid, there seems to be a piece of debris flying straight through his head, fingers on left hand could do with some movement, and the left leg is rather jittery when looking at the second video you posted.
>>
File: IMG_0530.jpg (12 KB, 224x226) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0530.jpg
12 KB, 224x226
>>509252
>>
>>509239
>I could've animated every branch individually, sure. but why?

Because secondary motion. And because the Nine Old Men are smarter than you.
>>
>>509263

No, I think these people are genuinely complaining about those things.
>>
>>509232
Not sure if already mentioned, but the little sappling in his hand moves strange. Maybe don't make it fly up so high.
The rest looks pretty good imo
>>
>>509263
Animation for games is fundamentally different than animation for other things though.

Games for example can't really have anticipation because it's input lag, and animations usually can get canceled at the end because the timing for the next move is variable.

That fucking rock effect under the hand is shit though.
>>
>>509324

You are a fucking simpleton that is using words he doesn't understand.
>>
File: 1450833673024.png (9 KB, 365x441) Image search: [Google]
1450833673024.png
9 KB, 365x441
>>509324
>Games for example can't really have anticipation because it's input lag, and animations usually can get canceled at the end because the timing for the next move is variable.
again, this isnt the OP making the next street figher. This is him practicing animation and then asking for critique on that animation. Its like if I were to go to a MMA dojo and show them the moves I learned while playing street fighter and then being like NO DO NOT CRITIQUE THIS EVEN THOUGH I ASKED FOR IT
>>
>>509327

For the love of God, do that and report back. It must be done.
>>
>>509328
you'd probably get your ass kicked.

also yeah there needs to be a bit more twist and S shape in the silhouette of the creature when it's standing to crouching.
>>
>>509235

Aside from the particles (afaik) this obviously isn't entirely OPs work. It's the same animation he has in the game.

www.lolking. net/models?champion=57&skin=1 (spell 1 animation)

So if you want to go bitch at someone about animation, go bitch to someone who's actually working in the industry "im still shitposting jobless on 4chan after studying 2 years with oscar winner".
>>
>>509242
Nice try faggot, but my dad owns pixar, I think I know a thing or two about animation, pleb.
>>
>>509402

Yeah well Walt Disney was my great grandfather so u both get rekt feggits.
>>
>>509327
Critique him as if he was making an animation for a video game retard, not for a fucking movie then.

God this board is full of retards.
>>
>>509406
>Yeah well Walt Disney was my great grandfather
That's a lie, everyone knows Disney didn't have any children because he liked to diddle little boys.
>>
>>509411

> Not conceiving underage butt babies
>>
>>509232
Did you follow a tutorial for the physics ? Id like to imitate that kind of destruction ( 3ds max )
>>
>>509407
>Critique him as if he was making an animation for a video game retard, not for a fucking movie then.
It looks like shit for the same reasons mentioned. Even 20 year old street fighter games have better animations than this. Street fighter is a videogame for you kids
>>
>>509327
Do you seriously think you're a bunch of badass animation gods or something? He never said "no critique" you dont have to sperg like an autist at him. You can also stop pretending you arent a worthless shitstain on a spec of dust floating through space.
>>
>>509324
holy fucking shit, this is the most wrong thing I've read all year so far. Games have anticipation all over the fucking place.

1. NPC animations are fucking loaded with them. In fact it would be retarded if they didn't

2. Characters moves that dont fire off immediately on button down or have vulnerability frames on things like heavy attacks

3. All in game cinematics

You are patently retarded. Don't ever give advice again.
>>
File: 1400199336997.jpg (146 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1400199336997.jpg
146 KB, 500x628
>>509480
>>
>>509232
The youngling in the hand doing the secondary animation looks off, its happening in just one axis and the speed of the animation makes the whole char feel a micro.
>>
>>509366
you're correct in the way that the original animation is obviously done by someone at RIOT games, and i used it as a reference for practise. i've already stated that. however, the animation you see in my webm is done by me.
>>
>>509616

No, you're retarded. What you mentioned are NPCs, meaning the player does not control them, fucking CUTSCENES, and vulnerability frames that most games don't have enough of, because they're unsuitable for it.
>>
sooo... has there been any improvement on the first animation?
>>
It's good, OP. Easily as good as the stuff in the game. Well done.
>>
>>509239
>How good is my animation?
>Well, I didnt made it to be good

Either way, the branches should still move a little and the debris should go higher (its dependent of the force) but bounce just as much (that is what actually gives the ilusion of weight, the bounce)
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.