[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need help, I just want to merge 3D shapes (e.g cubes and shit)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 0manhelpme.png (54 KB, 686x1080) Image search: [Google]
0manhelpme.png
54 KB, 686x1080
need help, I just want to merge 3D shapes (e.g cubes and shit) into one.

Also Im not talking about 2 shapes only, im talking about like ten.

I am using Cinema 4D, but I also can get blender

Can anyone help???? :((((
>>
>merge vertices tool.
>>
>>509006
Try union boolean modifier in blender.
>>
You can boolean it, but geometry will suffer from it.

If you want to do anything like vidya gays or animation you'll have to at the very least learn box modeling, so meshes deform properly.
>>
if you dont have many polygons and you're working with editable objects, then you can

>put the objects together how you want them
>turn on snapping mode
>use the knife tool to make cuts where the objects join
>line up the vertices of both objects
>choose both objects and use the connect objects + delete command.
>choose the object and use the optimize command to merge the vertices together
>>
you can join both objects and use merge by clicking alt+M
or bridge edge loops
im talking about blender btw
>>
>>509006
The best way to do this is using Modo's Mesh Fusion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6CjIInkwFQ
>>
>>509006
In Blender, you can try either the Boolean modifier or the Intersect function.

Boolean:
-Objects have to be watertight
-fucks with your topology, you always have to clean up

Intersect:
-Doesn't fuck with your tolopogy that much since it just cuts the meshes without changing anything else
-Still requires cleanup work because now it's your job to remove the excess geometry.
>>
>>509006
>>509014
there's a function like that too in c4d as well
>>
>>509051
retarded, where in 3d modelling you would this this much non-destructive boolean operations?
Nowhere, cad users need those type of operations.
>>
>>509920
> behold, i am one of simple mind!

Who needs non-destructive boolean operations which create watertight meshes with nice topology, so you don't have to clean up afterwards?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.