[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turbosquid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Anyone here used turbosquid to sell models? I know someone who is poor and wants to sell some models on turbosquid to make money. This person might (and this is only a might) be using a torrented version of Zbrush and Max. Can he still sell models? What are the odds the police will show up and check that he has legit programs? Remember this is just a hypothetical situation here
>>
>>508973
impossible to sell without a legit license, the poliece have trackers on turbosquid that checks the key for every upload. you ( or as you say, your "friend" ) will need to invest in a license to sell anything. or go to jail, your choice
>>
>>508973
Use sculptris and blender.
>>
>>508976
how its even possible to do this
you have any proof?
>>
>>508979
It's not, that anon is either trolling or just being insane. Of course you should run legit if you go commercial, but there are no 'secret checks' being conducted by some fantasy fucking E-police.
>>
>>508982

actually you're right and wrong, I don't know how turbosquid works specifically but they are the largest market out there without a doubt, they will have automated checks in place to cover their asses legally. worst case scenario they'll delete your item and send a warning. I had this happen when sending a 3d print.

now, this is entirely dependant on the format, export as obj and nothing will happen at all, the format simply doesn't support copyright shit, a zbrush binary on the other hand DOES contain a blueprint of the program it was built on, generally speaking avoid program specific binaries (binary = unreadable in note pad)
>>
>>508983
so if i extract my obj's from blender im pretty much safe right? what about textures from pirated substance
>>
What if one creates a model in Max or Maya, exports it to Blender, THEN uploads to turbosquid?
>>
>>508992
There's no way to get caught, and even if you just export from Maya to OBJ, there's nothing incriminating in the file...
>>
Its seems ok. to buy and use content you not made by your self in maya.
But the same thing is heresy if you use poser.
>>
>>509003
Everyone should know that embedded in every file is a hidden code that reveals your license and other details. I was aware of this as early in 2000, it's really the effort to even to want to extract this info. So turbosquid may have a system that simply scans files on uploads. Safer to sell direct or use ur models for rendering - giving out ur raw file... I wouldn't.
>>
>>508973
Anon, models are just models, you can sell them all you want. if you're that concerned just download something like Blender, open the files you wanna sell and re-save them with blender.

But yeah, something like whether a model was made with a legit or pirated version is impossible to detect and even harder to enforce.

>>508983
>I don't know how turbosquid works, but let me tell you how it works.

They don't have any checks moron, I've literally used them for a fucking decade on a pirated version of max.
>>
>>508976
>the poliece have trackers on turbosquid
the fuck are you talking about. something like an obj file literally is a bunch of vertex co-ordinates. Go open an obj file up with notepad.

There's no secret meta data stored in 3D files you fucking retard
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.