[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cinema4D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Cinema-4D-logo.jpg (67 KB, 662x662) Image search: [Google]
Cinema-4D-logo.jpg
67 KB, 662x662
Hey guys!

I've got a motion design course that I have to use c4d for. I'm used to maya and know next to nothing about c4d.

Are there any plugins you guys would recommend?
>>
only download plugins when you need them
>>
>>510095
This. Stop looking for solutions to problems you don't have.
>>
>>510095
>>510097
Isn't the entire point of a plugin to either improve a certain aspect of the program or add more features?

I don't see how this is looking for a solution to a problem I don't have. There could be a plugin that makes a certain task you perform repeatedly easier or provides better results consistently.

Why not use something like that if it's available? I obviously intend on learning the basics of the program despite what might be provided by a third party.
>>
File: c4d.jpg (77 KB, 690x412) Image search: [Google]
c4d.jpg
77 KB, 690x412
>>510095
on c4d and after effects there's some plugins that can speed up your work and save you alot of time (for example align stuff, lighting/studios/hdri/materials presets, etc) and there's some others that do unique things (turbulencefd, hot4d/ozean, greebler, ivygrower, kurulumun, reeper x, supertracer, thrausi, xparticles 2, etc)
>>510078
>>510108
here a few very useful: gsg light kit pro (presets library for lights setup, hdri, etc.), cs tools (free pack with some presets), nitro blast (breaking stuff), drop to floor + align anchor point (forgot the name), x particles, vray/or/octane, turbulencefd (smoke/fire), maybe magicslowmotion, ToolBox (free), motionWorks movietype, also check other plugins by gsg and pixellab. also there's people on youtube that upload free .lib4d with materials (c4d library) eg. SmokyCrasher, Rainy 3K, Markoarts, Droid Packs, Project4D, etc.
>>
>>510109
Thanks man. That's an awesome list. I'm going to have a fun afternoon of research and experimenting. :)
>>
Magic solo is a good workflow plugin. Let's you solo objects and textures; useful for when your scene gets big.
>>
>>510078
Never really needed any plugins, but then again I'm not a professional. Maybe Atmosphere Shader for shading atmospheres.
Other than that, have fun, c4d is a pretty fun program. Do some basics of mograph tutorial to get a feel of what it can do. If you know python you can write your own plugins and modifiers right in the application, it has a pretty nice api.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.