[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to unwrap certain things, such as a cylinder,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: SEEEEEEMS.jpg (1 MB, 1899x1000) Image search: [Google]
SEEEEEEMS.jpg
1 MB, 1899x1000
What is the best way to unwrap certain things, such as a cylinder, without creating seems?
>>
cylinder projection
>>
>>508850
seams are inevitable in most textures. What you want is to blend the textures on top of the seams, after creating a unwrapped map.
Exporting the model to Photoshop do the trick, but you can try Zbrush to handpaint the thing if you´re desperate.
>>
>>508850
not using standard 2-d mapping.
what you want to use is 4-dimensional tesseract mapping
>>
>>508853
This still creates seems.
>>
>>508859
may i ask why do you care?
>>
Is using the smart unwrap ever acceptable?

What could it be used for?
>>
>>508850
>seems

It's pronounced SEAMS, and you just need to follow a basic photoshop tutorial on how to set up an infinitely repeating wallpaper, then apply that same technique to the edges of your texture map.

It's really quite simple.
>>
>>508897
>pronounced SEAMS
I meant to write "spelled", but fuck it
>>
>>508897
>infinitely repeating
It's pronounced TILEABLE.
>>
In Gimp:

Once you have created your texture layer, make sure it lines up perfectly with the UV area you want to be a seamless texture and:

Layer->Transform->offset

Divide the layer by two for the offset and you will now be able to see the seam for the texture in the middle. Edit it out with healing brush or whatever. Done.
>>
>>508859

It's because you texture isn't seamless.
>>
>>509136
This
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.