[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCC Applications by Market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
Once upon a time, different DCC applications were the standard for different types of markets that used them. For instance, Lightwave was the go to program for television CG work, because of the very fast workflow, while Max was the one people used for games most often. There was crossover, of course, but the trends were definitely visible.

I'm wondering which programs dominate which parts of the market now. I ask because I am thinking about focusing my efforts these days toward getting as good as I can with one package, rather than having so-so skills with a lot of them. I want to choose which I focus on by which sector I'll be likely to work in.

So, how about it /3/? Which DCC applications are most prominent in which fields (print work, product visualization, architectural visualization, previz, television, movies, games, etc)?

Of course, I know you have to have skills in the secondary programs that are commonly used, like ZBrush, Photoshop, and so forth. Also, please don't make this a 'ur software a shit' thread. I just wanna know what gets used for which part of the industry.
>>
>>508793

Bumping this because it is a good question, and I don't know the answer.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.