[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So render farms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: work-work-dabu.jpg (330 KB, 1500x1076) Image search: [Google]
work-work-dabu.jpg
330 KB, 1500x1076
So, /3/, I've been looking into helping someone start a render farm. I know most of the tech basics required, how to operate the software and how to organize some things, but there's always more to know.

Do you guys have any documentation with all kinds of info on this?

One specific thing I'm interested in is if we can make the client access the service directly and not have to send us the scenes beforehand. If not, I guess they'll have to interact with people, right?
>>
>>508307
depends what software you're using
>>
>>508333
We plan on using vray for starters, but expand to others as soon as possible. We'll be offering support for blender too, since it's free.
>>
>>508307
how much will this operation cost you anon?
>>
>>508457
We're trying to stay within 100k euro total costs.
>>
The service can be fully automated, no need to interact with people, but you probably need to write your own website(both front-end and back-end).
I have some experiences with Amazon Web Services(so called cloud computing), they are pretty good for medium to huge websites, scalability is the key. Also check out some modern techs like docker, chef etc.
>>
>>508762
That's really interesting. You don't happen to have any documentation on hand, do you?
>>
>>508920
too funny.
Go on 4chan
ask for docs
receive docs
?????
PROFIT!!
Seriously bud you ever heard of closely guarded proprietary secrets. This ain't the kind of shit people who have personal knowledge of are gonna divulge.
>>
>>508942
I'm just searching for any and all information, not necessarily in-depth documents or source code.

Of all places to ask for information, don't tell me I should shy away from asking an anonymous image board. I usually answer questions myself around here if I know the topic at hand.
>>
Anyone know what kind of slave stations to use for this?

Many cores, lots of ram, nothing else, cost efficient.
>>
>>508704
you can get a render farm for 100 bucks. slowly rent it out over a network. buy more and grow from there.
>>
>>508307
there are no docs about 'how to built a renderfarm and make infinit money'.

first you have to invest - and I don't mean the hardware only. You need Plugins for all support software (3dsmax, Maya, plugins included) where your customers can auto-submit there scenes, and you need an automated credit/billing system, and trust me, all software contains bugs so you need a technical guru to find and fix these bugs because everyone using renderfarms is near, or already over the deadline (which is also a nice renderfarm-manager)
>>
>>512290
>'how to built a renderfarm and make infinit money'.

How we get from asking for any advice for renderfarms on /3/ to this?

These kinda things make me question wheter I'm that bad at expressing myself or if people project like crazy.

Still thanks all for your posts.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.