[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck do people get so good at knowing where to cut and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 05a.jpg (47 KB, 650x395) Image search: [Google]
05a.jpg
47 KB, 650x395
how the fuck do people get so good at knowing where to cut and what to pull and where to put the supporting edges in hard surface modeling. im watching this guy do and its cobfusing as fuck. i try to replicate it the whole thing goes to shit cuz the geometry is crap
>>
>>506935
Practice. That's all really.
At some point you've created hundreds of different topologies to solve your modeling problems and you know how different edge flows tend to behave when subdivided.
>>
Git gud at 3d you dumb fuck
>>
>>506936
i been jumping back and forth between zbrush and max for the past 2 years. sculping is so much simpler to me than hard surface modeling. i still cant get the hang of it. shit sucks, cant even make a simple sword
>>
>>506938
Mate, I've been doing subdivision modeling for 5 years now and I still don't think I know half the stuff I'd need to know. It takes time, don't worry.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.