[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone familiar with Unity or game development here ? I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1450565812536[1].jpg (79 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1450565812536[1].jpg
79 KB, 1280x800
Anyone familiar with Unity or game development here ? I need a decent template for a 2.5-D shooter game that is not shit, assetstore has failed me.
>>
>programming a Shrek shooter

mean
>>
>>505978
wut? I'm familiar with unity but im not going to like build a game for you. wtf?
>>
>>505978
That looks okay for a template
>>
Unity pretty much does everything for you. Use CharacterController for an easily manipulated player and enemy movement base. Keep refining your game. Use C# because JavaScript is junk.
>>
>>506070
>Use C# because JavaScript is junk.
Which is the unquestionable truth. Unquestionable because theomen you start to question it c#fags flip out into incoherent babble until you give in to them.
>>
>>506088
And by flip out you mean "provide actual technical reasons why it's better".
>>
>>506070
I'm looking to make something like this so it's gonna need a not-so-dumb AI as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6eOwHS2bmE
>>
>>506097
Good luck with that.
>>
File: IMG_0569.png (58 KB, 607x629) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0569.png
58 KB, 607x629
>>505978
> I need a decent template for a 2.5-D shooter game that is not shit, assetstore has failed me.
you are a scrub
>>
>>506088
WTF!?!!! YOU NO LIKE C#???? FUCKING FAGITmuthafuxinsunuhbahbichmuzzafuzza
>>
>>506118
doesn't look that hard to make ;_;
>>
>>506088
Java and C# are basically the same language syntax and managed code-wise. C# is faster, whereas java is way more portable. In the end, for the applications they are usually used - hardware non-intensive applications they are both the same thing, so java wins, because it's more portable.
>>
>>506137
The fact you used "Java" to refer to "Javascript", shows you don't know much about this. Java and Javascript are entirely different and not related at all apart from similar names. C# and Java are indeed very similar. Unity uses Javascript, not Java. Javascript is nowhere near as powerful and efficient as C#, thus it's better to use C# in Unity.
>>
>>506088
There are thousands more C# tutorials out there for Unity than it's "Javascript". Plus learning C# is a transferable skill, sure you are learning it in the context of the Unity API, but it wouldn't be too hard to apply your knowledge from another angle (web or desktop for example).

Where as Unity's "Javascript" is completely exclusive to Unity and not actually Javascript at all.

When I started out a few years ago I start out in JS too, but soon switched over to C#. Much prefer it, seems more logical and more logical code.
>>
nobody ? :c
>>
>>506246
I don't mess with Unity. I hear it is pretty good for making games.

But, you're saying you want someone to make the 2d city building texture mats? 3D islands, bulding, road textures?
That's called - making the game. You make the game, create everything.
Fucking google image search, and make it yourself for whatever you need.

Google search concrete, pavement, buildings.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.