[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Hello /3/
So I decided I want to make a 3D model of an armor, I have been drawing my whole life, and meanwhile, learn to model.
First I tried Blender, as I heard it mentioned often (for making Skyrim stuff for example), but I quickly got overfrustrated by its un-intuitive and annoying UI.
Then I tried Maya, and the same happened - terrible and unhelpful UI.
What would you suggest me to do, stick to one of those, and contunie learning it, until I get used to it, or should I try something else?
What I want is, for the 3D models to be exportable for anywhere (games, game engines), and for the software to have lots of options for designing.
>>
>>504799
Button clickers need to die.
>>
>>504799
No 3D software is so intuitive that you can just open it and "get it". Stick with Maya and go look at BEGINNER videos on Youtube. Firstly how to interact with the interface and the main used modeling tools.
>>
>>504799
First, every poly model is a set of verteces, connetec with edges and three or more edges can connect into a face, therefore every poly model can be exported anywhere.

Blender is good for game characters overall as you can do everything you need to do in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXg0IRKhEho

Do you have skype or do you use irc or something I can guide you where and what to watch if you want to go with blender.
>>
>>504799
the pic you posted is made in zbrush. its sculpted
>>
>>504799
You can't just open it and start clicking away, the only one like that is Wings3D because its the pbrush of 3D software

You should probably give Zbrush or Mudbox a try (you can download Zbrush for 45 days, dunno how hard it is to crack it after that)
>>
>>504799
Modo, It has a really cool UI.
>>
>>504799
>First I tried Blender, as I heard it mentioned often (for making Skyrim stuff for example), but I quickly got overfrustrated by its un-intuitive and annoying UI.
You Lie.

If Blender was the first program you used, you wouldn't have these criticisms because you wouldn't know any different!

There is no reason Blender could not model something similar to your pic. The secret is in the texturing!
>>
>>504891
Not OP but are you retarded anon? UIs aren't only in 3D programs.
According to his taste in matter of UIs, he can dislike Blender UI. It is possible and it's not unfair criticism as you imply. He has the right to have other taste than you, even though you are right that Blender can do great stuff (not sure about texturing like the OP pic tho).
You are not giving a good image of the Blender community with your fanboyism.
>>
>>504799

As someone with some low level experience in blender, Max, Maya, and zbrush I can tell you that there is no such thing as intuitive 3D interfaces. They are all what they need to be for how complex the task is. But 3D isn't photoshit where the vocabulary is pretty intuitive and thus the ui is relatively easy to navigate. You need to understand 3D from a technical perspective before you can hope to "just get" any of the program ui's.
>>
>>504891

Blender was the first program I tried and I immediately knew the UI was dogshit.

Right clicking to select? Counter-intuitive to EVERYTHING ELSE IN EXISTENCE. Superb.
>>
File: bottom_left.png (27 KB, 776x251) Image search: [Google]
bottom_left.png
27 KB, 776x251
>>504933
You can switch it if you wanted. Blender is very very flexible, almost everything can be tweaked if you wanted. Believe me, though it was thought out, it has a purpose to be that way and if you modelled with blender you'd understand. I come from solidworks so left click was super untuitive for me, yet when you model a little bit, it's just another setting. It's like playing a different fps game, if you wanted you'd eventually feel comfy.
>>
>>504982
>eventually feel comfy

Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got out that way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventualy, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chain. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself into your anus, where it rests uncomfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Blender is like.
>>
>>504987
Wow anon you're so deep.
>>
>>504987
>I'm so retarded I can't learn two different programs's shortcuts.
And this is why artists are not in stem. Artists including 3d modellers are the whiners of the creative world.
If I can learn to use Blender coming from SolidWorks, literally "Button clicker the program", then every one of you "muh left click" fags can too. Moreso some fag like you, who played vidya all his life and every game modified the control in some way.
>>
>>504857
Not OP, but I'd appreciate it if you could post some resources here.
I like the channel you posted, btw.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.