[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you guys think the characters in 'until dawn' were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
you guys think the characters in 'until dawn' were sculpted by really good artists or were they face scanned cuz they look really good
>>
>>504683
body and facial mocap (scanned)
https://youtu.be/AkiXZx4BIHw?t=1246
Sculping its outdated and would cost a lot, time and money.
>>
>>504685

This. Speed and efficient quality is priority nowadays.
>>
>>504685
Then why do they look like shit ? Aside from the top left and bottom left, the sculpts look like completely different people.
Scanning my ass, atleast the artists can make sure the faces look right before releasing them into production and avoid shameful results like this.
>>
even with scanning tho its not 100% accurate and you need someone to go in and fix it
>>
>>504689
>completely irrelevant, obvious statement.

>>504688
What makes you think the characters have to look exactly like the faces they were modelled after?

Some people on this board are truly fucking retarded.
>>
>>504690
> omg its not shit its just a style
typical cop out
>>
>>504698
>implying i said it's not shit

Where exactly did i say it's not shit?

Again, what makes you think the end result has to look exactly like the reference?
>>
>>504701
It's not a reference you idiot. Reference image means the source where artists use to replicate or inspire from. It's pathetic if the "speed and efficient quality" of your device gives you such shitty results. They obviously wanted to catch the familiar face of actors, they didn't want to precisely scan every inch of their face just to come up with "models that look like actors but not really". The creepy faces and the terrible skin rendering makes it much worse
>>
>>504705
Do you have any evidence that they have the rights to copy the actor's faces? Ever consider that they made have intentionally made the faces different to avoid legal complications? Ever consider that maybe they just didn't want the faces to look as realistic as a full can because it doesn't fit into the rest of the unrealistic assets?
>>
>>504707
> hello we're making a videogame, can we sit you down and scan your face under different lighting conditions so we can get the exact model of it and animate it ?
> sure
> Can you also do the voiceovers so it looks and talks just like yourself ?
> ofcourse
> can we use the face model we scanned for the game in our game ?
> no fucking way i will sue your ass.

You are fucking retarded and you stopped making sense long time ago. Please stop trying.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2742544/
>>
is it even possible to sculpt characters this realistic or you gotta be on next level Michelangelo shit
>>
>>504688
>Aside from the top left and bottom left, the sculpts look like completely different people.

No they don't. They look like actors playing specific characters.
>>
>>504685
Why mocap looks so fucking weird?? I dont get it.
>>
>>504683
ctrl-f suggest no one has commented that the CGI faces look completely symmetric. I think this is the most uncanny thing about them, and makes me question if they're really scans?

If they scanned them Why would they then make them unnatural and mirrored?
>>
>>504683
too bad the animation is terrible so it looks like the uncanny valley decided to have an extended vacation in this game.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.