[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello there. I'm a 15 years old Unity indie game dev who's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: unity-logo-black_1280.0.jpg (26 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
unity-logo-black_1280.0.jpg
26 KB, 1280x720
Hello there. I'm a 15 years old Unity indie game dev who's been learning how to make games for a while now. I'm currently making a game and it's turning out pretty good but I really ned someone to take on the "artistic" part. I know a bit od 3d modeling and texturing but I can't do it all. If you want to be a game dev and make a team please tell me, I'd be more than happy to team up with someone.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>504215

If you are 15 years old you can learn how to do your own art.

Do art for 10 years and you will be good, then you will be 25 and still be young.

Also, the thing you need to learn now is you can't trust anyone to do any work for you. You can do this yourself, you don't need anyone else.

Also, enjoy your ban when a mod comes here next month.
>>
I just really don't like that much doing the art. I think it would be better if I'd team up with someone since I can't do everything always. Also why the ban?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 363x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 363x363
if you give me some steam creds ill consider teaming up cutie pie
>>
>>504225
Very funny. No thanks, I want someone who'd like to do this for a living, like me
>>
>December 2015
>not using Unreal Engine

Why?
>>
>>504230

So OP, what are you actually doing. I assume you are doing all the programming. So can you show me a demo that you did?

You can block out a level using just blocks. You can show code on github.

>>504222

Good luck finding someone to do art. If you look at agdg you will find a lot of programmer that need a artist and not lot of artist who need a programmer.
>>
>>504231

I'm guessing OP is a beginner. That why he is using Unity.

Its easier to start a project in Unity.
>>
>>504231
>>504234
Honestly, I'n not that much of a beginner, but I was alrady using Unity before UE4 became free so I was more used to Unity already. Also, with Unity5 the difference in betwen graphical capabilities is not that much anymore. (Not to mention C# is easier than C++)
>>
>>504238

UE4 has way better graphics, than Unity 5.

Lets face it OP you are using Unity 5 because it is easier, than UE4 to get started.

Hey OP, if you really want to get into the industry and work on AAA games you should be doing UE4. Only crappy indie titles use Unity 5.
>>
>>504248
>UE4 has way better graphics, than Unity 5.

You sound like some 14 year old who just plays games and actually knows shit all about computer graphics.

Both Unreal and Unity are using energy conserving shaders now (PBR), both have global illumination and real-time reflections. Literally the only real difference in quality is the amount of big-time artists making quality models, textures and lighting in Unreal, whereas there aren't many doing it for Unity. Both engines are capable of realistic graphics. In fact, Unity has more real-time lighting features instead of the the just pre-baked options Unreal 4 uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYBEndFphik
>>
>>504253
That's right!
>>
>>504238
Kinda true but UE4 has blueprints and it is easier than programming in C# or C++.
>>
>>504268
I really don't like that "blueprint" idea. It's very unprofessional, it doesn't really teach you programming and I'm not sure it can do everything normal code can
>>
>>504215
Well, I gess there are no artists who want to make games here
>>
>>504253
Unity has similar fancy shaders but it still runs really shit in real-world applications* compared to Unreal. In that regard, it's a complete joke by comparison.

*not tech demos, we've had great looking tech demos coming out of various engines and hardware for a decade; they're bull.
>>
> underage b&
First time I get to use this meme with an appropriate context xD
>>
>>504291
With a 15 year old using Unity that won't show any of their work, sure. Good luck finding anyone who wants to work on games with you *anywhere* given you fit into the most joked-about demographic in literally every 3D art community.
>>
I didn't even think mods would remember that /3/ exists.
>>
>>504269
Blueprints "unprofessional", as if programming was mandatory. Programming or blueprints are just tools, you just choose the best for you job and blueprints often are easier. If UE4 is the n°1 game engine, it's because they are professional. Your answer is a joke.
>>
>>504334
Blueprints aren't anywhere near as performance efficient as just directly coding things. The code is so compartmentalized it becomes drastically inefficient.
>>
>>504337
It doesn't matter that it's inefficient because because the executions take no time at all to begin with, even if it's inefficient it will still take close to no time at all

It's only an issue if you want to make something like a triple A game or some mobile shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.